Photoshop help? | FerrariChat

Photoshop help?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by bpu699, Mar 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Bought photoshop for my mac, 89$. Not too bad. Want to use it to see what my apartment building might look like in various colors, before I paint them.

Changing the color is not as easy as I would have liked. Figured there was a pallet, and I just pic a color. Nope.

Any free online tutorials? Any easy way to do this? For example, garage is dark brown, want to see it sided in beige, white, etc...

Any help or refferals to sites appreciated.

2. atlSPOTTER

atlSPOTTER Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    It's a website for cars, but you can use it for anything.

Type in this to your browser:

THE PHOTOSHOP BIBLE

3. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If you only paid $89 bucks for it, it isn't Photoshop. Maybe Photoshop Elements? You can do almost everything, but the way you do those things is different. I don't have any experience with Elements, so I can't be of much help.

4. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    I guess it is elements...is there a huge difference? As I said, I really don't need to do anything complex. This is primarily for color changes.

5. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
  6. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    What you have to do is create a new layer, select your wall area with the freehand select tool, then fill it in with whatever color you want. It also helps to set the layer to overlay so you don't loose the texture when changing colors. :)