Bought tickets from BookF1.com? | FerrariChat

Bought tickets from BookF1.com?

Discussion in 'F1' started by RoccoM, Mar 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RoccoM

RoccoM Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2007
    Richmond Hill, ONT
    Full Name:
    Rocco M
    I recently bought my Montreal GP F1 tickets from BookF1.com. Has anyone ever bought tickets from them. I just got a little nervous and wasn't sure if this was a reputable company. I haven't received the tickets yet.
    Any help or advise would be great.
    Thanks

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I forgot from whom I bought my Montreal tickets (would have to look it up), but mine haven't arrived either. Not sure whether I should be nervous though, normally tickets arrive only a month ahead of a GP.

3. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Didn't you buy you tickets from f1-gpt.com, too? We got ours there, and I think they said the tickets would be delivered 2-3 weeks before the GP.

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I really don't remember (and hate to start digging in old files), but I booked them wherever somebody recommeded them. Quite possibly might have been you. So you haven't received yours either then? The only thing that makes me a tad uncomfortable were the posts of other folks on here who already received theirs from different vendors.

Apart from that it is normal that you get them only a couple weeks prior to the event. I remember one year the tickets were sent out so late I just got them before going on my trans Atlantic flight.

5. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    I know I didn't recommend the site. I just saw someone's thread that said that they were the first to have tickets available, and so we jumped on them. Does anyone else have any experience with them?

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just dug it out. Yes, mine are from f1-gpt.com as well.

My concern is less about having lost money than not getting any tickets at all. OTOH for me it is more important to see the sessions on Saturday than the race on Sunday (because I can move around shoot pics from various spots) and I think in a pinch I could probably buy Saturday tickets off the street.

7. Formula1Fan

Formula1Fan Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2006
    Hot Springs Village
    Full Name:
    Jerry Schutz
    I have had real trouble getting my tickets from agents when I travel before a race when I have boughten from third parties. In Paris, when I had a race day only ticket, I received the ticket on Saturday. One year I had a hotel in the Alps lift my ticket to Monaco, because I made the mistake of telling what kind of delivery I was expecting. I drove from Italy to Monaco the day of the race anyway and watched the start on TV in a bar and then watched with binoculars from peekaboo spots on the hill. It wasn't the same. When I got home UPS confirmed delivery of the tickets to the hotel while I was there. If I had boughten the ticket from the organizers, who I went to see before the race, they would have replaced it, as long as I had proper ID, as they did for many people. Now I always try to locate the organizers on the web and buy from them. I did so in Canada in 1999 and their site is www.grandprix.ca. At least I think it is. I just looked it up and it looks authentic.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    My worst ticket story was at the Brazilian GP: I bought the tickets through my hotel, but they didn't have them 1 week before the race. I had to travel on to Argentina and on the way back I stopped again at my hotel hoping they would have the tickets for the race on the next day. Sure enough they had them <phew>.