Garrison Comp 275GTB? | FerrariChat

Garrison Comp 275GTB?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by jjmcd, Mar 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmcd

jjmcd Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
  2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    "Instinctively Exceptionally Bodied"

Huh?

Jack.

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    275 GTB/4 s/n 9813. This "competition" bodywork was created by Allegretti in Modena at some later date and is NOT original to this car.

4. retired

retired Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2004

not correct. Brandoli did the car in Modena late 80's or early 90's.

5. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Does anyone know WHY it was done? A wreck? Or just a whim of Greg's? Or did Greg buy it that way? I had a minor falling-out with Greg, who could be very opiniated and self-focused, so I never had a chance to discuss his cars much, to my regret.

6. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I was told by the guys preparing the Garrison cars at that auction, that the 275 was rebodied after a major accident.

7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Greg Garrison had the ex. Norman Silver Ferrari (white over blue? Roush's favourite car) at a show and claimed it was all original and had never been restored. Norman Silver had pictures of the car when it was restored but Greg would hear nothing of it. Typical hollywood bs stuff all the time there; mixed in with a grain of truth to keep them guessing...
    CH

8. pastmaster

pastmaster Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    Being recent in FChat's ranks, this is the first time I have seen Greg Garrison's name, mentioned regarding Ferrari's. I knew it from TV, and his producing of Dean Martin's TV Show.

I did a search and found this thread from several years ago, when Greg died. Here is a previous discussion of him and think those of us who were unaware of his Ferrari Collection, which was something, would like to know.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54597&highlight=greg+garrison

Ciao...Paolo

9. Randy Forbes

Randy Forbes Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Sports Cars Plus,LLC
    First I (ever) heard of him was reading Henry Rasmussen's book Ferraris for the Road, from his Survivor's Series, 1980. The story of the last Daytona Spyder is well told.

10. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Bizarre as it sounds, you can often see Greg Garrison on a late night infomercial hosted by Regis Philbin where they are selling a DVD set of Dean Martin's old shows. At one time the infomercial was still running after Garrison died. I haven't watched the whole thing lately to see if he is still included in the latest version.

11. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Ed, I spent quite a bit of time talking with Greg about his cars but I had little interest in this particular car and so never inquired.

12. Robert Wilder

Robert Wilder Rookie

Mar 3, 2008
    Chappaqua NY
    Full Name:
    Robert H. Wilder, Jr
    I saw this car at Pebble Beach last year when it was auctioned. According tho the aucdtion information provided by Gooding, the car was a 275 GTB that was wrecked. Garrison, who had several other Ferraris and long standing relationships with members of the Ferrari communtiuy in the US and the factory in Italy, decided to purchase the car and rebuild it as he ultimately did with a special body being constructed in Italy. I'm sure somebgody who has the gooding PB catalogue from last fall can provide a more detailed summary of this "short story". The car was boutght by Fisken in England for approximately $1.1 MM and it is no longer on the Fisken list of cars to be sold so I presume it has been sold.