Official 328 Dash Light Glue Question Thread | FerrariChat

Official 328 Dash Light Glue Question Thread

Discussion in '308/328' started by Bullfighter, Mar 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Possibly due to the serious g-forces involved in 328 acceleration, the battery indicator light on my 328 dash popped out of the instrument panel (still connected).

This happened before, and I tried a dab of cyranolate (super glue) on the black flange - that worked for a couple of months.

1. What's the best adhesive for this?
    2. Who came up with this brilliant design? It looks like there's nothing but glue holding the light assembly in place.

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Is the light popping out of the black housing or is the whole black bezel popping out? If it's the whole housing you probably need to get a new one as there shouldn't be any glue on them. There should be tabs that snap in when you push it in.

If it's the light popping out of the black bezel it may be the bezel or the light itself.

Either way, a new one should be pretty cheap and will fix the problem. I think I found mine at Superperformance but I know other folks have advertised them too. Check with the usual sources.

All you'd have to do to replace it would be pop it out (should be easy if it's that loose), swap the wires with the new one and gently push it back in!

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  4. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The whole bezel is separated from the aluminum instrument panel face. Sounds like I should just replace it. I'd guess someone broke the tabs way back when and never fixed it properly.

5. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Yep, sounds like the tabs are broken or worn off. I think this part is readily available from Daniel and isn't that expensive.....as I stepped on mine and cracked it!

6. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Email sent to Daniel. Thx both!