575M: underestimated and overshadowed by the 599?? | FerrariChat

575M: underestimated and overshadowed by the 599??

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Johnny Prezemullo, Mar 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Johnny Prezemullo

Apr 24, 2006
    Sure, the 599 GTB is a benchmark in many respects. The driving experience is fascinating, its effortless. Mine will be delivered soon. But the more I have driven the one I bought some month ago "second hand" I find it too computerized means somehow boring. Reproducing real speed is quite easy. But all the electronic assistance delivered to the driver - the engine-gearboy-handling network - on the 599 let me miss the "fight" I have with my 575M F1 which I still have in my garage.

I find that the 575M - including the Superamerica - with the manual gearbox, fiorano package or gtc handling package is in the end the better buy than the 599 if relatively modern but still "classic touch of an front V12 engine" is the request. A further argument for the purchase of a 575M or Superamerica and against a 599 might be that a 599 GTB of your choice has a price tag of over € 280.000,--.

Happy easter day

2. Sir Paul

Sir Paul Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2008
    HONG KONG
    I know exactly what you mean. I get the impression with my 575SA, especially with the interior and minimal electronics or sophisticated steering wheel, that it is the last of those Ferraris with that "classic touch" as you call it. Mine still has a "soul" that you can feel when you are driving it.
    I doubt whether the automation and electronics of the 599, plus heavy carbon fibre, flashing LEDs and knobs on the wheel....plus the automated driving experience....will add to that classic feel....where with mine, you still feel you could be in an older model.
    P

3. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Everything is perspective. I drove a 575 a year ago and while it is an incredible machine and I would love to have one, it was quite pampering and "more electronic" than my 328. And, many would agree that the 328 is too modern as well since it doesn't have carbs. It all depends on where you come from.

Gene

4. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells
    Would you mind posting some pics? :)

5. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    599 rendered the 575 a classic car. The electronics in the 575 are downright primitive. How can anyone enjoy ASR that is intrusive? I love the looks of the 550/575 and the car has a nice "feel". But the advances in the 599 are simply quantum. particularly at high speeds. The 575 is not stable at 300kph and the 599 is rock solid at 330kph. The only other car that I have felt as secure in at that speed is the CGT.

6. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    Did you really drive both cars at those speeds?

7. GENERAL LEE

GENERAL LEE Karting

Nov 27, 2006
    Oklahoma

...with a penny somewhere in the pic. ;)

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I wouldn't doubt DM on this.......