moretti...u out there | FerrariChat

moretti...u out there

Discussion in 'Australia' started by topher, Mar 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. topher

topher Karting

Aug 17, 2006
    nsw
    Full Name:
    Topher
    John are you coming down to the nsw national rally.You and I have a mission this year as discussed at the presentation dinner at Canberra.Together we are unbeatable.........you're nuts and will drive the arse out of your car.....I can draw strength from your irresponsible driving ie you go off,which you nearly did in front of me and I win!!!!!One of us has to do well this year...what do u think.i have my most serious face on.Chris

2. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Chris, have you been drinking again ?? :D

Still haven't forgiven me for Symonds Plains ?? :(

GC will be hard to beat but if anyone is mad enough it would be you :D

I always drive within myself :rolleyes:

I'm looking at coming down a month or so before the FNR to go out to the track with Mark W so organise it with him for a practice session in Aug/Sept, I need to learn the lines from you hotshots :D

3. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Can I come?

For practice that is - I've never seen EC

4. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    would love to have your input on my car at the track :)

we need Chris to organise the track for us, or Mark W, or IanB ... anyone with influence and a modicum of skill :)

5. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    i was talking about practice for me!

6. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    you don't need it !!

7. topher

topher Karting

Aug 17, 2006
    nsw
    Full Name:
    Topher
    Yes John i had had a few.I havent been to EC either.Suspect i wont have the horsepower to knock off GC.Ill have a go but everything being even its unlikely.Doesnt hurt to talk it all up a bit though!Can you get your hands on some wheels with sticky rubber...i know you're into the rubber thing...should be easy for you.Wider tyres create heaps more smoke when you fly off in front of people.No you will never live that down you crazy bastard

8. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    The NSW club has a (to be confirmed) EC day booked for Saturday 20 September. Entry forms haven't appeared in the newsletter yet, but make a diary note to remind me in a couple of months.

9. "Megan"

"Megan" Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2006
    Sydney
    EC is an awesome track, you'll love it :D We had 15 Ferraris at the recent BDD - was awesome listening to them gun it down the straight and going through Turn 1 :D Turn 1 is a very fast sweeping corner, but apparently there is a temptation with really fast cars to downchange at the end of the straight - which has ended up in tears for a few - so just in case they don't mention that (although I doubt it, as has been hightlighted in the last two briefings I heard at EC) it is worth knowing :)

Might have to put that date in my diary - would love to come down and watch you guys going through your paces if spectators are okay :D

10. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    [QUOTE="Megan";137568014]there is a temptation with really fast cars to downchange at the end of the straight - which has ended up in tears for a few [/QUOTE]

why?

11. "Megan"

"Megan" Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2006
    Sydney
    For starters those of you in Ferraris can go well in excess of 200kph down the straight, and not everyone wants to carry that speed through turn 1 is my guess.

Recently, they have had a couple of cars on track days, drop down a gear at the end of the straight without braking sufficiently, and have ended up hitting the wall near the flag marshall :( then bounced off back onto the track again, leaving bits of the car all over the place :(

Being in a MINI, whatever speed I can get up to on the straight is still okay to do through turn 1 :D :D

12. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    it's all about entertainment Chris :D

doing stuff on the track that got me a striped suntan on public roads is so much fun :)

FTD when I was a boy meant going home with a license ;)

my poor brother got lumbered by the cops setting up a roadblock for me 34 years ago, he was no angel but the cops said 'we've got the wrong one' .... he was not pleased

thanks for the heads up Ian :)

13. "Megan"

"Megan" Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2006
    Sydney
    Haha - what was that you said about 'troublemaker' in another thread?? :D

14. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    [QUOTE="Megan";137568100]Recently, they have had a couple of cars on track days, drop down a gear at the end of the straight without braking sufficiently, and have ended up hitting the wall near the flag marshall :( then bounced off back onto the track again, leaving bits of the car all over the place :(

[/QUOTE]

Probably Porkers :(

15. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    [QUOTE="Megan";137568014]EC is an awesome track, you'll love it :D We had 15 Ferraris at the recent BDD - was awesome listening to them gun it down the straight and going through Turn 1 :D Turn 1 is a very fast sweeping corner, but apparently there is a temptation with really fast cars to downchange at the end of the straight - which has ended up in tears for a few - so just in case they don't mention that (although I doubt it, as has been hightlighted in the last two briefings I heard at EC) it is worth knowing :)

Might have to put that date in my diary - would love to come down and watch you guys going through your paces if spectators are okay :D[/QUOTE]

That it is, but hard on tyres. Very abrasive.

Drove up to Sydney for work and did a track day with HSV club on the standard road tyres.

Pirelli P Zeros, $750 each. Destroyed them in one day :(

Was fun mind you. I was 10 seconds of the guys running R tyres.

16. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    EC is the best track in OZ bar none, you'll love it. being of the non limp wristed variety you'll come to terms with turn 1 quite easily and revel in the technical sections of the track.

17. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I haven't had the opportunity to test all tracks in Oz, only all in Vic plus EC, Oran Park and the old one, I think it was amaroo??? in Sydney.

I think PI is the best in my opinion of course. EC runs a very close 2nd. :)

I guess we all have our individual favourites.

18. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Maybe it is over familiarity with PI, but EC is a much more technical track - sorta like a combo of PI and Winton, with elevation changes.

19. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Yes thats a good point about that track.

Technical. Yes. Turn 2 is actually quite challenging to get right. You have to drive past the apex then turn in.

I would agree with your comment on similarities to Winton. I think its turn 5 where you have to do the same. Drive past the apex then turn in. Only learnt that after a Bowe drive day to be honest (at Winton that is)

20. 993TT s

993TT s Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    Well thats just loverly isnt it! (said with consternation and indignation)

21. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Hi Ian

Diary tells me I should remind you of this

22. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    No update I'm afraid. Presume entry form will be in the next NSW not-quite-monthly newsletter.

Remind me again in July! :)

23. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    [QUOTE="Megan";137568014]EC is an awesome track, you'll love it :D We had 15 Ferraris at the recent BDD - was awesome listening to them gun it down the straight and going through Turn 1 :D Turn 1 is a very fast sweeping corner, but apparently there is a temptation with really fast cars to downchange at the end of the straight - which has ended up in tears for a few - so just in case they don't mention that (although I doubt it, as has been hightlighted in the last two briefings I heard at EC) it is worth knowing :)

Might have to put that date in my diary - would love to come down and watch you guys going through your paces if spectators are okay :D[/QUOTE]

I used to go to heaps of BDD, see www.findmap.com.au/alexm/cars for many examples.

Lately been doing lots of ride days, the most recent a few months ago pulling 265 km/h still changing UP to 6th on redline with 300->200m mark looming fast..

Turn 1 is fun stuff but hard to see how driver can lose it coming into there unless *very* clumsy with shift points.. not a great place to lose it really.

Want to do PI for sure..