supercars on speed complete disaster | FerrariChat

supercars on speed complete disaster

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mpartridgeferrari, Mar 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mpartridgeferrari

Feb 14, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    Alot of people wrote early threads about this so called supercars show on speed when it first aired. I kept my mind open and hoped as it went on for a few weeks it would get better. I have come to this conclusion. "This is one of the worst shows that Ive ever seen on any kind of an exotic car." I have yet to see an episode that actually focuses on any of these cars with the camera for more than 2 seconds at a time. I almost get dizzy watching this. This show is supposed to be about supercars, not about cheesy story lines that dont even brush the surface of what these cars really are. If I want that Ill watch soap operas. I just had to get that off my chest, now I feel better and I can go about my day. Thanks for listening guys. If anyone else would like to get rip this show apart please do so.

I saw the earlier thread about Victory By Design and that was a car show!!!!

2. M39976

M39976 Rookie

Aug 20, 2004
    Grand Haven
    +1

Tanner is a dumb ***.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont even watch Speed other than F1 . What a load of redneck crap.

4. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    What, you don't like Pinks? Did you know that Ron Dennis is the host?

5. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I like supercars exposed somewhat. I think it is kind of stupid how they matched up a highly modified STi against two bone stock exotics its like WTF!!!. Its going to need many years of fine tuning for that show and they need to "Rent" those cars, not "Barrow" them from would be owners.

The Show needs a new host because when I watch it I think its Redline TV and not Supercars exposed due to Tanner:D I think he's gonna start talking about drifting anytime while watching it.

Sure its not top gear but its defnately watchable for me I can deal with Tanner, I can't deal with Clarkson's idiotic comments sometimes.

Dispite it being on the low side its still has alot of potenual to become a better TV show.

6. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I TIVO'd the series but haven't whatched one since the first episode... fast forwarded through the recnet on which featured Driving porsches on snow, racing a skier, an bumping/ramming the skier. What an F-ing moron. That show doesn't even deserve to be on the air.

7. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    I watched one ep and called it quits. Not only don't they do justice to the cars, they don't make the show watchable. I'm afraid the trend is if the camera isn't moving all of the time it isn't good cinematography. Even the Nat'l Geo channel is guilty of this crap.

8. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I liked the show when VR alaxander was on...

9. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Which one was that?

10. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Speaking of complete disasters, I saw the very original "Leave it to Beaver" pilot this weekend, and it had different actors for both Wally and Ward Cleaver. Pretty bad actors, if I may say.

I do not think it would have lasted out a season if it had been left this way.

But, it seems that Speed Channel has a little different set of standards than just about any other network lately!

11. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I watched the one with the Mercedes AMG and it was absolutely horrible even without commercials. Half the show was spent doing burnouts and doing 1/8 mile drag runs. Will never watch again.

12. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    My gawd, but you are so right. You know what really reddens my posterior about all this? If we want to watch racing, this Speed Channel trainwreck has got us held captive. I am almost ashamed to support them by watching Formula One there.

It is not like we can pick and choose the network.

13. mpartridgeferrari

Feb 14, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    This is right on!! Nascar makes me want to throw up. I cant stand f****ng hillbillys going around and around and the people who watch it are even worse. Half of them dont even have a full set of teeth.

14. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I watched part of the episode with the Porsches and the skiers, and thought it was GROSSLY irresponsible and insulting to the intelligence of any mature adult. Never again.

This trend of herky-jerky camera technique is also incredibly stupid. My wife watches a lot of HGTV, and most of their shows are guilty of this nonsense. I emailed the producers of a couple of the shows, and got "thank you for your comments" in return. When the show is about decorating a house, and none of the cuts last for more than a second, how are you supposed to see what they are doing? Pan, tilt, zoom, cut - pan, tilt, zoom, cut - Oh yeah, I enjoy that.

15. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I agree with the shows on speed - they pretty much all suck - especially Pinks! Every show is exactly the same (not that I watch them - I have seen a little late at night when nothing else is on) and what is up with the overzealous bald headed host ??? He looks like a total redneck goon when he stands there at the start of the dragraces signaling the cars to take off... and if I hear that guy saying one more time his famous words of "not holding anygthing back" (or something like that) to every racer I think I am going to puke! well, I guess luckily I can just change the channel!

gordon

16. Esprit

Esprit Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CA
    I'm a big fan of Supercars Exposed... EVERYTHING ELSE ON SPEED SUCKS!! Victory By Design and F1 are the only other cars related shows I like... VERY few pickings when it comes to good car related shows. I wish that there was a show where they put the camera on great sportscars and walked around them... talked about them... and then drove around town with them... Of course that show would suck for the rest of the world, but my fanatic a$$ would love that :)

17. NYCSpotter

NYCSpotter Formula 3

May 28, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Damian
    +1!

18. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    For godsakes which one was it!?!?

19. enginefxr

enginefxr Formula 3

Aug 20, 2007
    S&R Exotics
    Full Name:
    Gary Sharpe
    Just watched Supercars the first time the other night...completely sucked. Lambos, Ferraris and low riders??? Come on. That's like ordering a filet mignon with a bean burrito on the side.
    Victory by Design is good, F1 is great. Leggenia E Passione (spelled right?) is good. Nascar today, Nascar yesterday, Nascar 24/7, Nascar 360, Nascar pre race, Inside Nascar, Nascar garage... what am I forgetting? All the Nascar shows suck!

20. Esprit

Esprit Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CA
    "That's like ordering a filet mignon with a bean burrito on the side."

That pompous statement is one reason why some exotic car owners get a bad rap.

BTW- I'll take a Burrito Al Pastor ANYTIME over a Filet Mignon... Thank god for variety. Those guys are car enthusiast just like you and I... I've met several "low riders", and I'd say I have found their company much more enjoyable than some exotic owners that I have met... (just my opinion..)

21. enginefxr

enginefxr Formula 3

Aug 20, 2007
    S&R Exotics
    Full Name:
    Gary Sharpe
    I know they are car enthusiasts. I respect that. I'm just saying that if I tune into a Supercar show, that's what I want to see, a 200 mph sports car. I watched a show on Speed the other night , a series about low riders (don't remember the name of the series). There were alot of talented people on the show, doing engraving and stuff, but I knew what the show was gonna be about when I turned it on.

22. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

That show was fantastic!! Loved the Ferrari episode :D

This "super cars" show is kinda lame. It would be better if the f'n cameraman would hold the f'k still. That shaky crap in all these new shows is driving me crazy! It's hard to watch without feeling seasick.

23. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Living the Low life with that amzing hostess :) That one is also a great show.

24. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I kind of like the camera shots they have compared with other shows iv'e watched.

They need to bring back Dream Car garage, Sportscar revelution!.

25. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    The show lost me when I noticed the picture was flipped backwards. Notice the #7 Porsche driving in the snow. The 7 appears backwards in a few shots. WTF?

Don't even compare it to Victory by Design.