jacking points | FerrariChat

jacking points

Discussion in '348/355' started by suee, Mar 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. suee

suee Rookie

Oct 4, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Pro
    Looked in the manual and could not find the rear jacking point for a 348, can someone tell me where? I'm sure it is along the frame just want to be sure of location.

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
  3. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    As a recap, and because I was under my car this weekend, your best jacking points are on the rear engine subframe. Just look under there for a nice strong spot. Along the side of the car there are 2 spots under the rocker panels; one is just aft of center to the car market by bracing and the other is just forward of that point. There are not too tough to find.

My only concern is not to flex the chassis at the midpoint too much for fear that one could crack the windshield like those TR's of the same period, not that I have ever heard of a 348 mishap.

4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    #4 BT, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    #5 notoboy, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    These are the jacking points on a 355, but they are basically the same (I recommend blocks of wood or hockey pucks at the rear so your paint doesn't chip):
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. darrenliu

darrenliu Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2008
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    Darren Liu
    I used a scissor jack for the first time on my 355 spider, jacking from the rear point in front of the rear wheel. I was surprised that the whole side went up, the rear wheel and front wheel, in fact the front wheel was lifted higher than the rear one. is this normal?

7. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yes. The CG is about 1 foot toward the front of the car from the rear jacking point.