I hate everything! Some lady hit my TR!!! | FerrariChat

I hate everything! Some lady hit my TR!!!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by KENCO, Mar 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Some Lady ran a stop sign and hit me in the drivers rear corner.................Ughhhhhhh.

I am sick!!!! I feel like I want to vomit!!

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    bad news, post some pics, is it a major hit?

3. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Not major for a regular car.............. but this is one of my babies..........

The hit is in the rear quarter panel and rear bumper.

4. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    That sucks @ss.... :(

5. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Suggest you immediately take it to a FCar dealer.

Do not let the insurance adjuster near it unless it is in the presence of a Fcar estimator who has the Fcar estimate already complete.

You will likely be pushed towards a local bondo shop. Push back.... HARD. You may wish to retain an atty right from the get go. A few hundred here might get your car correctly sorted.

What is her ins co? Did you get a police report at the scene? Did you get pictures?

Might be too late now... but it is always a good idea to keep a 5$ disposable camera in your car for just such an emergency.

Good luck,
    Vince

6. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    #6 KENCO, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Thanks for the heads up.

Police report was filed. Her insurance was notified, mine was also.

"Help from the Fchat Attorneys"

8. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    U R lucky - the damage appears minimal. How is the fit at the door/ fender gap?
    Best Wishes,
    Vince

9. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Not good Vince, it knocked the alignment of the quarter panel out.

10. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    Remember, there are many bolts holding that qtr on, so it may have moved out of alignment, but not really racked the qtr. You are lucky from a tail light / bumper standpoint, as it looks like the expensive and hard to find pieces were not touched. I hope it will be an aggravation but nothing too much more than that....Sorry Man...Feel for you!

11. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Thanks...

12. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Food for thought with my wifes van currently going through this...

1) Mention diminished value right a way...
    2) If you go to a ferrari dealer IT WILL show up on carfax. Its a double edged sword: they are most likely to fix it right, but the record of it hurts the cars value. If you get reimbursed for diminished value then its a non issue...

Good luck!

13. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Keep pics with date stamps on them with the records. The qtr panel is bolted on so they shoud be able to bolt on a new one and get it properly aligned.

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I'm sorry to read of your misfortune, and worse, hate to come off like a soccer mom, but, it could be worse, and that just doesn't qualify as "I hate everything" material.

The guys have been spot-on with who/what/when/where/why advice, so, I'll shut up now.

*Ducks, runs for cover*

15. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    I know.............I know....

I am 45 years old, but still.............. if someone messes with my toys............. I just get all pissed!

16. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Such a bummer. :(

Such a hassle.

17. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    "I hate everything! Some lady hit my TR!!!" Man, I'd be sooo pissed that I'd have to claim temporary insanity for smackin' her upside the head. What's with women drivers lately? If they're aren't running people off the road, racing, tail-gating, running red lights, etc then they're probably not driving. Most likely they're too busy dramatizing their cell phone conversations to know what's going on around them.

18. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    So what did the lady say? I would get an appraisor involved. Trust me on this. My custom Viper that got wrecked was paid well over 6 figures from the insurance company because of an appraisor that was respected by the insurance industry. Insurance company paid and no questions asked. I think the association name is IVANN?

19. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    KENCO, brother, I am so sorry to hear this and see the pics :( . Hopefully it won't be as bad as you think!! And the hassle will be just that, a hassle.... Your fellow TR brethren are here for ya!!! Keep us posted!!!

20. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    O.K... I am an insurance adjuster specializing in high end vehicles and speciality claims. I agree with first bring the car to FCar dealer and have vehicle estimated. You would prefer to go to a dealer that has a shop onsite. Some dealers sublet the work out. Then you want to insist that vehicle is sprayed with Glasurit paint - if that car is original it is single stage 21 line now offered as 22 line. O.k. the damages are not bad. Quarter panel is aluminum and should not be a problem for a A body man. I would recommend going with a replacement if you are anal about the car. Insurance company may want to push for repair but insist if thats the direction you want to take it. Other pieces like the bumper rubber filler and plate are still available from Ferrari. Rear bumper may also be toast. Sometimes the fiberglass on the outer mounting bolts break loose therefore making your rear bumper throw away. That is also available from Ferrari. Pretty expensive. You would be intitled diminished value. There is three stages of diminished value. You have instant diminished value - the moment the accident happens there is diminished value. Then you have insurance company participant diminished value - lets say the insurance carrier stands firm on the quarter panel repair vs. replacement they are contributing greatly on the diminished value. They may also want to cut corners on the repair like cap materials and not pay FCar labor rates. Then there is body shop participant diminished value - body shop gets everything they need to bring the car back to pre accident condition but does a sub par job. They also contribute. Its very difficult to obtain the exact diminished value. That is your bargaining chip. Bottome line - no matter who does the job a trained eye would know that work was done on the car. I agree with keeping photos on file to show a potential buyer - if and when you decide to sell her. Depending on your state you may be leagally obligated to advise buyer of such repairs. Some states reward up to triple of purchase price if new buyer was never informed. As far as car fax. Who cares. Forget about trying to hide the fact that repairs were done. Stay away from body shops that insurance companies have on their list. They worry about their relationship with the insurance company and not the customer. My TR was hit almost exact. My tail lamp and grille were damaged as well. I opted to repair the quarter panel because I wanted to stay away from a blend to the left side door. My car wase-shot a one time in two stage so I do not want to go into door. Glasurit has very good matches and a good painter will make all the difference.

I feel for you brother

Robbie
    1990 TR Corsa Red - hurt but now o.k..

21. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    She said I did not see you.

I gather she did not see the stop sign either.

I seen her hitting my car in my drivers rear view mirror!

22. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    The closest Ferrari dealer to me is in Orlando, and they outsource their body work. Any one have any ideas?

23. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
  24. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Sorry to hear mate, but the damage doesnt look half as bad as you started....easy fix mate !! Main thing is your alright, could have been alot worse, she could have hit you in the door ? Or run over someone.....she needs to pay some price, not just for the car, but what worse could have happened.

Cheer up !!

25. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    A bit excessive! I know we all want to protect our interest but what you were suggesting (especially about the police coming down to "file" a report) is just a little over the top. I've been in many minor fender benders (with my old 308 even) and the most the cops did was asked both parties involved to move the cars to the side of the road and exchange infos.

On another note, I really dont think that an Insurance Company that was willing to insure an exotic would skimp out and just pay for a "bondo" job. Its (always) good to know who the people that will perform the actual work on the car, this way you could "work" with them on having the insurance company pay for any hidden damages that might be present.

A $5 disposable camera in the glove box is a good thing to have but IF its NOT properly stored (most are temperature sensitive), its no guarantee that the pictures you took of the accident with that camera will even develope!