575 Tire Pressure Monitor reset? | FerrariChat

575 Tire Pressure Monitor reset?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by PMDDMD, Mar 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    The TPM service light is on and I was hoping that resetting might be done without my having to drive 2.5hrs to the nearest authorized dealer. It's not a calibration set, I understand that each wheel sensor has its own battery which needs replacement every 3-5yrs. Does anyone have any experience in changing these out?

2. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    The owners manual says turn the key to position two and hold the TPM button until the system resets. I hope that helps.

3. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
  4. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Thanks..yeah, looks like the same issue. I don't even really care much about the monitors themselves, just the fact that it interferes with display in that the service msg overrides everything else on the LCD...just annoying.

5. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    You can also have it turned off at you Ferrari Dealer.

6. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    The pressure sensors are found within the tyre valves, with a small wire aerial that wafts around in the air of the tyre. There is a receiver within the wheelarch that is then hardwired to your dashboard!

So changing the sensors involving taking all your wheels and tyres off!

It is a common-ish problem with the 575.....

Sorry that I can't provide a solution.

7. LOLAF1RACER

LOLAF1RACER Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2007
    Full Name:
    Andy
    While my car is at the dealer today , they are changing the sensors & batteries , they say they must remove each tire from the wheel , install new sensors & batteries , re mount & balance each wheel for approx . $ 1200.00 . And that they must correct this as is required by law to pass Pa. state inspection

8. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    $1200 bucks vs. a .99 cent tire gauge. The joys of ownership.

9. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Ooof.

10. caspian575

caspian575 Karting

Jun 12, 2007
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Roger Hayes
    I did all mine last year lasted about 3 months then they started to give me problems. I complained to the dealer who did the job and he said, "tell you what we will do, we'll turn it off and we won't charge you for the time, you will be much happier!" So now it's off, strange thing is I can still select and read the pressure in each tyre via the button on the facia all. So what is that about? I simply don't have a warning sensor. Mini can make it work why can't the chaps at Ferrari do the same?

Bit like the old joke - America spent a billion $'s making a pen that would write in space, under water, upside down! The Russians used a pencil!