I-tunes help | FerrariChat

I-tunes help

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by darkalley, Mar 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    OK. here is my issue. i have about 700 songs listed on my i-tunes account, but when i click on some of them it says "the song cannot be play because the original file cannot be located" but.... i have the song on my ipod. now i have gone through a few computers and two ipods. is that the issue? i selected manually sync but that isn't helping either. on top of it, i can't transfer my new purchases onto my ipod without writing over the contents of the ipod. what can i do to get everything syncing properly????

2. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    It gives you the option of finding the song right? So you just have to go find the file for the song. But you have 700 songs and that is a tedious task. I had that happen to me today. So maybe its something wrong with itunes? what version are you running? You dont have windows vista do you?

3. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim

I do have vista....... and i recently upgraded itunes, and i moved everything to a new computer. not sure which caused the problem and i can't find these songs on my computer. all songs were legally purchased through itunes.

I did some research and downloaded a program called copytrans. i am going through itunes and deleting those songs where the file can't be found. then i am using copytrans to move the files from my ipod BACK to itunes. then i will sync my itunes and rewrite everything from itunes TO the ipod. this seems to be the way to go but let me know.

4. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    All you have to do is go to Consolidate Music in the advance option and it will extract all your music into iTunes

Antony

5. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Once you have the songs in your iTunes music list, and they are imported: (read: connected, play just fine) you cannot move them from the folder they are in, you cannot rename anything in that folder: names, folders themselves, anything.

I had the same problem and learned the hard way.

When the song 'cannot find the folder', you need to go find it and reconnect to it.