Car Show in Jonesboro, AR | FerrariChat

Car Show in Jonesboro, AR

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by tmb355, Mar 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tmb355

tmb355 Rookie

Apr 10, 2006
    JBORO, AR
    Full Name:
    Tobias B.
    Who is going to participate in this years car show at the ASU Convocation center?
    I beleive the cars go in tomorrow and the show opens to the public on Saturday.
    Hope to see some F-cars!!!
    Tobias

2. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I haven't heard about this! What, When, Where?

Gene

3. tmb355

tmb355 Rookie

Apr 10, 2006
    JBORO, AR
    Full Name:
    Tobias B.
    Gene, they have a car show at the ASU convo center every year about this time. I went to it 2 years ago (saw a 308, 512, and 360), and i heard last years was good. I saw a poster for it, but when i checked the ASU website, there was no info. The local news ran a story about it last night, so I know it will be today. It is indoors, but i don't know the show times. I'm guess it may be from 10:00am to 5:00 or so, and didn't hear if it was running Sunday?
    I will try and get there around noon today.
    Tobias

4. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I wonder if Mike T knows about this? I won't be able to make it. I'm prepping to drive to Atlanta tomorrow morning. I've been working on the X5 all day so far. It makes me appreciate working on the 328. :)

Gene

5. drmikethompson

drmikethompson Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Jonesboro, AR.
    Full Name:
    Michael L. Thompson
    Gene

I was unable to be there this past weekend. Last year I had the 512 TR in the show and ended up putting the 430 F1 in on sunday because it had just been delivered from FOA!! Last thursday I flew down to Sebring for a MX-5 Cup race. Friday we had practice and Saturday was the first race. I qualified 3rd and passed by to second after the first turn. I held that position for a few laps but missed some shifts later and wound up 4th. I blamed that on driving the F1 too much!! Sunday, I started out 4th but was dived - bombed going into turn 10 and ended off the track but managed to keep it straight. I was black flagged, served a 20 second penalty and finished 8th ( 39 seconds behind the leader). All in all, a lot of fun. I had both races professionally recorded - you will have to see the DVD when I get it. I may have to do some language editting!

Mike

6. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Excellent! I'm in Atlanta for the next two weeks. Anything you need me to pick up while I'm down here... like a Scuderia? :)

Gene

7. drmikethompson

drmikethompson Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Jonesboro, AR.
    Full Name:
    Michael L. Thompson
    Gene
    You need to come to the Ferrari Challenge Race April 18-20 at Road Atlanta. I will be there with the 430 and , yes, I would like to pick up my Scuderia!! Call me if you are interested and I will help you with the arrangements.

Mike

8. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Unfortunately I won't be able to do it that weekend. I'll be on my way to Toronto for work. I was completely kidding about the Scud. Last time we talked you were on the fence about it. I'll call you sometime this week. When we talk, I have to schedule a decent amount of time. :)

Gene