Jaques Villeneuve to race in Speedcar | FerrariChat

Jaques Villeneuve to race in Speedcar

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by rodolfo, Mar 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rodolfo

rodolfo Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2007
    Mexico
    Villeneuve to race in Speedcar

By Matt Beer Saturday, March 29th 2008, 09:36 GMT
    Former world champion Jacques Villeneuve is to return to the Formula One paddock in Bahrain next weekend to race in the Speedcar Series support event.
    The Canadian is the biggest name to sign up for the Asian-backed, NASCAR-style series so far, and will compete in both the Bahrain rounds and the series finale in Dubai a week later.
    Villeneuve, who lost his Bill Davis Racing NASCAR Sprint Cup drive earlier this season, believes Speedcar will provide useful relevant experience for any future NASCAR opportunities.
    "Speedcar Series looks like a great event and I have heard that it is a lot of fun," he said.
    "It's a series still in its infancy and will build up but I think it's a great idea. On a personal level, Speedcar will give me more road racing experience with this kind of cars which will be useful in future NASCAR road courses events, and it's also a great excuse to meet race fans."
    Villeneuve will join fellow ex-F1 drivers Jean Alesi, Johnny Herbert, Gianni Morbidelli, Stefan Johansson, JJ Lehto and Ukyo Katayama in Speedcar.
    His arrival has received an enthusiastic welcome from series boss Benoit Lamonerie.
    "We're proud to have Jacques join the Speedcar family," he said. "He will be the first Formula One world Ccampion and NASCAR driver to sign with us.
    "And we're also excited that Speedcar Series is growing to a multinational level at the moment with drivers from 12 countries across three continents."

2. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Speedcar is a support series for GP2...I wish Jacques would have just taken a seat in DTM or LMES.

3. smart_alek

smart_alek Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex
    He is racing in Le Mans this year, with the Lions. I agree, I would have liked to see him in DTM. Apparently, he was offered a nice sum of money to race for Audi. He chose to go try his hand at Nascar, instead.

4. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    He must be desperate.

5. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    He is washed up.

6. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    His name sells Newspapers

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    the dude is a loser

8. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    A multi millionaire who gets paid to race cars, and has won the F1 world championship, CART championship, and the Indy 500. Yeah, and you're such a winner are you?

9. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    He was a winner 10 years ago, now he is a loser. He's a country music singer, denied a job in NASCAR, and now is racing in the Middle East. LA OO SAH

10. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Yeah, what a waste of a life, LOL.

PS: If you're ever in town to see the North American GP, announce your opinion at Newtown to receive the JV 'special' platter....