FCA Road Rally Hattiesburg MS 4-27-08 | FerrariChat

FCA Road Rally Hattiesburg MS 4-27-08

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by gerard.hansen, Mar 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gerard.hansen

gerard.hansen Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    Please respond if your interested in the rally. It will start in Hattiesburg and take about 3 hours to run. It's a Poker Run with prizes for the best hands. I am limited to the first 30 Ferrari's. If the field is not filled I will invite other makes. I have some interest from Alabama and several cars from Mississippi.
    If you need more info PM me.
    Thanks
    Gerard

2. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Hi Gerald,

I'm in. Always a nice drive down 20/59. Either Daytona or Boxer. Whatever is running better at the time.

Drew Altemara
    Tuscaloosa, AL

3. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    Great Drew, I got you E mail a while ago. I'll post more details as we get closer to the date.

4. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    Entry List
    Paul----1978 512 BB
    Kelly----1980 308 GTSi
    Sam----1998 355 Berlinetta
    Chris----1977 308 GTB
    Kent----2001 456 MGT
    Joe-----1980 308 GTBi
    Nathan-1981 Mondial Coupe
    Todd---1997 355 Spyder
    Paul----2007 Maserati
    Drew---1973 365GTB/4A

Deadline for entry is April 1st. 20 spots open.

5. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    I love the deadline for entry, it makes seem so offical.

6. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    I have a few non Ferrari owners interested in the rally, I needed to give a cut off date so that I could let them know if they can enter. They have a couple of Ford GT's and a few others that want to run with us. We have 10 Ferrari's and I guess we could get another 10 or so. What do you think?

7. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Damn the torpedo's full speed ahead. Ferrari only. But, if I could drive a GT, hell yea tell them to come. WELL......maybe we all get to drive a GT. Ask nicely.

8. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    Entry List
    Paul----1978 512 BB
    Kelly----1980 308 GTSi
    Sam----1998 355 Berlinetta
    Chris----1977 308 GTB
    Kent----2001 456 MGT
    Joe-----1980 308 GTBi
    Nathan-1981 Mondial Coupe
    Todd---1997 355 Spyder
    Paul----2007 Maserati
    Drew---1973 365GTB/4A
    Larry---1978 308 GTS

19 spots open

9. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    Start will be at the Hattiesburg Visitor Center US Hwy 49 and I 59 Hattiesburg. First car out at 9am. Route should take about 3 hours. No entry fee and we will have gift cards for the best poker hands. There will be 5 checkpoints and each stop a card will be drawn, best poker hands win.
    Here are the Rally Rules.

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS

1. DO NOT SPEED OR BREAK AND OTHER TRAFFIC LAWS! We want a safe and fun Rally. THIS IS NOT A RACE! This rally is judged on exact time and distance.
    2. All instructions appear in the correct order.
    3. The following abbreviations will be used:
    OPP Opportunity – any street that can be turned on in the direction given.
    TL Traffic Light
    L Left Turn
    R Right Turn
    SS Stop Sign
    T When the road forms a “T” when entered from the bottom BEAR- A turn of less that 90 degrees (example: fork in the road, off ramp etc.)
    4. Instructions will state which side of the road the landmarks will be on. They will be permanent type signs that you will not have to look backwards to read.
    5. Streets with DEAD END signs, unpaved roads, driveways, parking lot entrances and all private property does not exist.
    6. DO NOT follow the car in front of you, it may be lost!
    7. There are forced opportunities and traffic signs in this rally that there will be no instructions given. They will appear between some instructions. You should follow the forced opportunities and traffic signs and continue to the next instruction.
    8. Check off each instruction on the sheet, but only as that instruction is completed.
    9. Concentrate on the route first, then the time and distance.
    10. If lost, return to the last place you feel was correct and try again.
    11. If all else fails open the PANIC ENVELOPE---BUT if you open this envelope, you are DISQUALIFIED. This will give you the name and phone number for the end point of the Rally. Go the end of the Rally or call so we are certain all the entrants are OK and nobody is stuck out on the course.

NOTE: There are five checkpoints along the route. At each one the navigator will enter the building and draw one playing card from the deck. At the end, whoever has the best poker hand will win.

10. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    My navigator will be four years old. Can you draw lots of pictures?

11. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
  12. s2krazy

s2krazy Karting

Oct 15, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Full Name:
    Mike Cooper
    Hey, is this one sponsored by Uncle DuPont?

Japan called and they said that if you don't let a few S2000's come out and play, they are gonna stop popping reproduction parts for those fancy Eye-talian cars of yours. You didn't really think that EVERYTHING was made in Italy, did you? Anyway, they seemed pretty upset about the whole situation, and we certainly don't want a bunch of pissed off Asians crashing an otherwise perfect road rally.... They mentioned something about samurai swords and raw fish. Food for thought....

13. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Tommy guns and cannoli > samurai swords and sashimi
    ;)

14. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    No. Uncle DuPont would have me a Talladega that weekend. This is a Ferrari Club of America event and have some cars from Louisiana and Alabama. We are only doing the rally with Ferrari's although membership in FCA is not a requirement. What I hope is that this could become a larger event. I have set it at 30 cars because we will start them at one minute intervials and I wanted to get everyone under way by 9:30 and finished by 1:30. If you want to send some raw fish....I love sushi!

Dave...can you make it?

15. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Not looking like it. I'm having some difficulty sourcing a front spoiler and better not commit until the car is completely back together.

Dave

16. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    bump. any updates?

17. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    My monry is on the cannoli and Tommy guns. :)

18. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    Everything is still on for Sunday April 27th. I have about 15 Ferrari's a Ford GT and a Maserati. I am just finishing up on the rally instructions. We should have some prizes from the SE Region of the FCA. I have some cars from Alabama and Jackson MS. I'll keep everyone posted as we get closer.

19. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Anywhere nicer then the Hilton to stay in Hattiesburg?

20. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    yeah, four seasons should have their newest hotel up just in time for the rally, should be spectacular!
    i didnt even know we(hattiesburg) even had a variation of a hilton, much less one.

21. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Hilton Garden Inn Hattiesburg
    133 Plaza Drive, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA 39402

I was hoping to find some place with secure covered parking. To much to ask?

22. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    i will check out that hotel, i certainly understand your parking concerns. but hattiesburg is a pretty safe place, i wouldnt have any problems leaving my car out in a well lit area at a nice hotel.

23. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    Drivers meeting at 11:30 first car out at Noon. This will help with the cars that come from outside Hattiesburg.
    Thanks
    Gerard

24. gerard.hansen

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    I hope the weather is like this weekend. It is open to all cars so if there are any others interested, meet at the Hattiesburg Convention Center. Drivers meeting is at 11:30.

25. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I am really looking forward to this! Looks like a good diverse group of cars lined up so far. I know a couple of porsche guys who have shown some interest, not sure if they will make it or not. There is also one other ferrari guy here I am trying to talk into it.

I do have a quick question/favor to ask....in case there is anyone who has an open passenger seat for the rally, my youngest brother is absolutely dying to tag along. He says to tell everyone that he can in fact read a map and will try not to get anyone too lost. He is also good at poker, if that helps. :)

Thanks guys!