Pin-Up Artists Needed! | FerrariChat

Pin-Up Artists Needed!

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Shark49, Mar 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Hello All,

I am looking for an artist who specializes in Pin-Up art. I wanted to give him/her a few tasteful pictures of my wife and have them draw some pin-up style pictures of her. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have done exhaustive searches all morning today online but cant find what I am looking for.

Thanks!

Nathan

2. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Shark, I have been wanting to do the same thing. There is something about Pin-ups that drives me crazy. I went to a rat rod show last year here in houston(Live Fast was the name of the show) and saw a company that does very good work. They are located here in Houston. The company is called Hep Cat Pin-Up Gallery, I could have sworn they had a website but I can not find it. The number for them is 713-672-6205 and are located at 1803 W 15th St Houston, TX 77008. Hope this helps, Oh I tried to call them and it went to an answering machine so either thats not the number anymore OR they just don't work on the weekends.
    P.S. also try to go to www.lonestarroundup.com its a HUGE rat rod show in Austin Tx, see if you can find vendors on there and if there are any pin up vendors. Also go to www.golivefast.com and you can see through the different cities they have the show at and see the vendors there. Hep Cat is in the Houston city, but I don't know if there are any more in the other cities.

3. dkabab

dkabab Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2007
    Adelaide, Australia
    Full Name:
    David
    what do you concider "pin up" art. i may be able to help but i havnt heard the term before (other than in a magazine)

4. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    have you tried browsing myspace keywood pinup art ?

Theres gotta be a community of them there..theres a community of everyone else.

5. 4ARI

4ARI Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Northern, VA.
    Full Name:
    Ron S.
  6. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I'll try those links thanks guys!

7. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
  8. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    we're gonna need some pics.

9. jelpspeed

jelpspeed Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Full Name:
    Ever Lopez
    Hi Nathan

I can give a try, in fact I was looking for a good picture to make a pin up artwork with my new airbrush, I found really amazing pictures from a photographer about a month ago, but I lost the link, since I had to format my hard drive, and really got into my latest artwork to finish it this same weekend.
    But If you like, I can give a try, PM me, and we can talk about it.

Best regards
    Ever

if you want to see my paintings please enter to:

www.coroflot.com/jelpspeed

10. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Wow jelpspeed's you are very talented! I want to put a couple of your paintings in my house!

-Nate

PS: www.thepinupfiles.com is a great website for links and pics

11. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    #11 Shark49, Apr 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. shrimpscampi

shrimpscampi Karting

Apr 16, 2008
    Try www.deviantart.com there are millions of arrtist in that forum from many aspects of art...I'm sure you'll find someone ther whose talents would be perfect for what you want to do...