I am writing a book!! | FerrariChat

I am writing a book!!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by LRPMAN, Mar 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    A person from the state of Idaho calls and wants the car, GREAT!! I give him the bank Contact and just sit back and wait. Went to the Bank Thursday to check on the progress. Smartest thing I did was put them in the middle. They got an interbank transfer of $1,000.00 to bind the sale. They responded that it was supposed to be $10,000.00 according to the conversation THEY had on Tuesday. OK no big deal. My banker lady called Friday and stated that they will amend the transfer Monday to the correct amount. Still all is well. I loaded the modified went to a show today, did well for a change, won the 50/50 paid more than the show did, anyway I get a voice mail from Mr X in Idaho stating that he will amend the deposit on Monday, BUT the buyer for his Viper has put him on hold till next Wednesday.
    Why can't this be SIMPLE!! We have an agreed price on both parties part but why is there always a problem closing the deal!!
    Oh well lets see what happens on Monday with the deposit and if that is good then wait till Wednesday.

If this tanks this will be deal #5 that has gone down the drain. Idaho sent a FRIEND to look at the car that has owned an 1986 TR, he gave the car a GREAT review and told him it was well worth the price. The guy drove the car with a LOT of respect and did nothing that you would not do if it was your own car. That is why I will allow Idaho some time to close the deal.

2. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    All my fingers and toes are crossed man, good luck!!!

3. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    LRPMAN,

After all you have been through, I'm keeping my TR forever.

4. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    Folks I do not need any cheese for my whine, trust me. I sold a 1939 Bentley for $96k in 2 weeks and it needed a refresh on the restoration. Sold a Lingenfelter Corvette in 2 days, needed minor things. But this TR is like pulling teeth. If I give it away or take a dumb trade then I kick myself. Well if IDAHO comes up with the $58,000.00 as he said and the bank accpets his method of payment then we are fine.
    I just get tired of cars and want something else to play with. I have had this car for 5 trouble free years. Never been abused by me and has taken up shop space and always had the A/c and heat in the shop so it was never to hot or cold, 72 deg with 30% humidity 365 days a year.
    Well we shall see.

5. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch

+1 !!!! Good luck on this sale!!!

6. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    IF and I say IF this one tanks then what would you do? Keeping is not an option since I really have lost interest in the car and it would not be a prudent thing to do. Example is a 1985 V12 HE Jag that has been in the "get to it pile" for 3 years.
    1. EBAY as best offer
    2. Normal auction like RM or Kruse
    3. Dupont Register (not a fan of this one)
    4. Hemmings
    5. Park at the corner with a for sale sign, might get a trade like a Horse or something in this area.

Well got to unload the modified and clean it after the rains yesterday.

7. highway1@93443

BANNED

Jan 6, 2008
    morrobaycalifornia
    all we ever hear from you is the problems you have getting money and in the same sentence all you have and yadda yadda yadda yadda.

moderators - instead of banning me for saying what alot of others want - ban this idiot.

we are tired of hearing about his problems.

8. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Is this France?? Because you say WE all the time!! And you don't speak for anyone but yourself....

9. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'll give you $25,000 for it if this one falls through

10. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    pretty brazen for a new user with 8 posts.

Why not take it easy alittle, this is not the best way to make new friends on the board.

11. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    #11 mksu19, Mar 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Oh snap!!! highway1@93443 just got owned! :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    I guess his Toyota is running bad or something. Maybe he is low on Kool-Aid. If someone is trying to sell a car and runs into the crap I have so far at least they have an idea of what they may be up against. And that persons PM was sort of crude and informed me that I was having money problems. Please do not tell my wife or girlfriend, they will leave!!!

13. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    LOL!!! :D

14. highway1@93443

BANNED

Jan 6, 2008
    morrobaycalifornia
    do they know about the money issues ? better to be brazen than sit back and listen to the whining like the rest of the girly men.

15. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well since you are having money issues maybe I could go 40K

16. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Funny, you sound just like a biatch that just got dumped!

17. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    30% humidity?! Amazing. That's desert-like. Your lips must chap every time you walk out there.

Good luck on the sale. I don't think it's the dollar amount as much as the fact that TRs are one of the models that attracts first-time Ferrari buyers -- the ones who are still wavering on the whole notion of buying one, but love telling people they're shopping for one. Hopefully it's just a matter of money with your buyer, although sometimes the "gotta sell my car first" thing is just the excuse.

18. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

OOPS.

Ban which idiot?? THe one who makes intelligent posts or the one who says don't ban me for saying something that's a TOU violation?

dial it back, don't make it personal or you'll be sitting on the bench for a couple days.

Dave

19. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Look before you leap.

You're new here and don't know the players.

George ( your so called whinner ) owns Leatherique. One of the best Ferrari-specific dyes for redoing and reconditioning the leather in your Fcar. I have used his products and they are high quality. His company also makes dyes for restorations as well.

He has not been complaining about money but how many deals have fallen through and how difficult it has been to sell his car. I personally find his posts interesting as it shows all the different types of people one has to put up with when selling a F car.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

20. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Years ago, I wrote an article for SCM called, "How Not to Sell Your Ferrari" which revealed the step-by-ever-loving-increasingly-ludicrous-step of the difficulty I had selling a carbed 308. You can guess the plot:

Calls made, photos requested, faxes sent, deposits promised, and with amazingly similar thematic details to brother George's adventures, each loser nullified himself. Eventually, Mr. Right surfaced, LOVED the car, and we exchanged several polite post-sale contacts. He was/is a great guy and ALMOST made up for the delusional dimwits that preceeded him.

I have read each post with great interest. This board is about owning, buying, selling, enjoying, modding (did I just say that?), restoring Ferraris with all sorts of stuff in-between.

Carry on, George. Good, bad, or just as an aside, I find your "reports from the trenches" pretty darn entertaining and educational. The best writers have their detractors, one of whom just handed you a free chapter.

21. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #21 DrStranglove, Mar 31, 2008
    Who cares? Your the one that got owned. Try speaking when you have something interesting or helpful to say.

22. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    #22 HUTCH91TR, Mar 31, 2008

That was brilliant Doc!!! I'm gonna give you a full Patton salute!!!!

23. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    Well I thank you all for your support. All I can say is it is Monday 11:25pm and I think Idaho is picking crops or something. No word up or down.
    I have decided that since I am so poor and must sell the car to eat this week I will just purchase a Class "C" to pull the Race car instead of a Wondelodge like the wife wanted. I do not want to have an ICC permit because of length.
    On a more to the point note. There is ANOTHER TR in SC besides mine that may be on the block SOON. The talk around is 5 speeding tickets in 6 drives for the fellow, OOPS!
    Oh Yes we opened a full service facility in Australia and New Zealand. That should keep me in franks and beans for at least a week!!

24. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    #24 LRPMAN, Mar 31, 2008
  25. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL