After the Rosso Corsa debate, who do I use? | FerrariChat

After the Rosso Corsa debate, who do I use?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Babylon, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Babylon

Babylon Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Read with interest the Rosso Corsa debate over the "alledged" NIP and began wondering just who the heck am I going to use to get my Mondial t serviced (cambelt, major service and MOT). I was thinking of taking it to Hargreaves Racing as they're not too far from me (S Wales).

Can anyone advise? Please?

Mike

2. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Mike

this is not to say whether you should use Rossocorsa or not, I've nad no dealings with them so cannot comment but you might like ot try Bob Houghton formally of MHT who is working out of the old premises in Northleach (Cotswolds)

Personally I have used Talacrest (not recently but good), KHPC (again not recently but good), QV London (excellent guys, say it like it is and do a good job), Meridien (get Tim to do it!) and Graypaul Loughborough(Paul Ennis is a top bloke!)

3. Nizza

Nizza Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    London/Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Nick James
    Hi Mike

I have been a member of the Owners Club for about three years now and an owner for two. My best is advice is join/contact/go to a club meet and speak to other owners who they do or do not take their cars to and how much the costs are.

Invariably as you can see from the ‘RossaCorsa debate’ and as I have found out. You will find groups of people ‘over there’ who love/despise them ‘over here’ whilst the people ‘over here’ love/despise them ‘over there’……

Talk to as many owners as possible and gauge their experiences. Then visit/get to know the most recommended short list of players and then make your own decision. The rate/number/vehement of complaints (or compliments) towards a particular concern is always a good indicator if you should use them or not.

I have my car stored and looked after by Roger and Claire at Kent High Performance and to date have had little to complain about. Kent High Performance (to me) has one of the best reputations in the South East but then I am aware of a few people who would perhaps not completely agree with me. There are other people in my personal short list that I would consider like Talacrest where I purchased my car. There are obviously there are others whom I will never ever let my car anywhere near….

I would love to get drawn into/’add my two pence worth to’ the many debates circulating on Ferrari Chat at the moment…. but I am going to desist for now as it is best that I am not drawn further on the matter….

I hope this is of help and please feel free to contact me if you think that I can be of any further assistance.

Nick J

4. Nizza

Nizza Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    London/Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Nick James
    ...and obviously please re Mark C comments above..... need I say more....

Nick J

5. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Call Karl at Verdi......

6. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    I always found QV Ascot to be superb.

7. frostie

frostie Rookie

Nov 8, 2002
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Frost
    I use Verdi's, who I would highly recommend.

I have also heard good things about QV from other owners.

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Meridien and Graypaul last 3 services, but Verdi will be doing belts and service in the Summer.
    Tony

9. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    I had my Grill fitted at Verdi, quick job and they bought my lunch....cheers guys.

j

10. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Joe Macari in London have done a very good job for me so far and the price is good.

11. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    Verdi’s look after my current 360 and used to look after my 355 in addition, they are very helpful, always there to help, also collect and deliver which is convenient for me....

12. Babylon

Babylon Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Thanks for all of that, I am shortly going to join the FOC and look forward to going along to some of their acitivities.

I may use QV London as I recently had this experience with them..

I rang them two weeks ago and ordered a drivers seatbelt for my Mondial t, they said it'd be £30, a price I thought very reasonable. Nothing turned up for over a week so I rang them back and rather than come up with some Mickey Mouse excuse, they straight away coughed they'd forgotten all about it (these things happen!). Anyway, two days later, a parcel arrives containing a whole set of seatbelts, totally free of charge!!

Looks like this act of goodwill will be rewarded when they get to replace my cambelt.

Mike

13. Nizza

Nizza Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    London/Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Nick James
    A friend uses QV and recommends them....

You would also perhaps check out the other thread running at the moment regarding what you want from a dealer.