997 GT3 RS -- Night SHOT @ HK (by Chester ) | FerrariChat

997 GT3 RS -- Night SHOT @ HK (by Chester )

Discussion in 'Asia' started by chester_apa, Feb 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cvdzijden

cvdzijden Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Numansdorp, HOLLAND
    Full Name:
    Christiaan
    Woooow! Amazing pictures!!! ;)

2. bates

bates Karting

Dec 7, 2007
    Diamond Bar, CA
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Thank you!

I've been trying to find your website for a while now.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

3. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Stunning!!!

Always love the "in action" pictures!!!

Cheers,

4. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Stunning! One of my fav car... can you please share with us your equipment & settings? I can never get the same quality for the dash.

5. jjk2

jjk2 Rookie

Oct 22, 2007
    jawdroppingly awesome.

6. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    agree

7. laminator

laminator Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2007
    That last pic is awesome, absolutely brilliant! :D

Congrats on a great shoot. :)

8. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    agree

9. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I saw a silver RS with T plates getting lectured by a cop a few months ago at the bus stop around stubbs road, i wonder if it was this one :)

10. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    No fun to drive a RHD sports car in HK on T plates anymore. Better just pay tax

11. AC6

AC6 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Agreed. And if you're wealthy enough to buy an expensive RHD sports car why be cheap and not pay tax? Its like you're rich, but I would have to call you a cheapskate.

12. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    T plates!..............just curious it is revelant with time permission on that possessor???

13. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Just curious, how's the taxes like on exotics or cars for that matter in HK?

14. FatPenguin

FatPenguin Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2008
    Bedok, Singapore
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Nicely taken!

Love the last pic.

15. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Don't understand your question Kenny

16. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Whats the T plates???

To me, it sounds like a temporary/ limited miles plate.

17. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    T plates are for dealer/repair shops to test drive and deliver customer cars. The purpose of the plates is quite limited. Over the last few years people have started to incorporate their own private car trading companies, get T plates and use them on what are essentially their own private cars which have not been tax paid (about 100% of purchase price). There have been a few regrettable incidents of a group of RHD T plated cars out for Sunday morning drives and then parked on the road afterwards (which is not allowed). There is no limitation on number of miles and the plate can be used pretty much non-stop

18. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Thank you, DM18.

In Thailand, we got a similar case as well. It is called "red plate" for new and unregistered car. Normally, it could being used for a short term or temporary plate in general term. Therefore, it is a channel for some guys who willing to avoid paying the road tax. Some has been wearing RED plate for years, without any legal actions from the officers or even feeling guilty.
    Until recently, the department of vehicle is taking some adjustments by limiting the time permission for the any RED plate's possessors. Nowaday, they could not hold more than thirty days. All cars must being registered and pay the annual road tax to the government (WHITE plate). This is implemented to all kinds of vehicles, no exceptional.

IMO, it is GOOD and also FAIR for everyone here.

19. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Thank you Kenny. Very interesting to know how things work in Thailand. This is what I most appreciate about Fchat - good useful information. Agree with your conclusion. I only use my T plate on LHD cars like my F40 and 288 GTO. I will also use it for my 8C when it arrives as it also only comes in LHD. I will pay tax (over HKD2mn) on my 430S. In China when you buy a new car you can drive it for a while with no plate at all. I found this beyond weird when I bought a new Audi.

20. Sega355

Sega355 Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Police ever give you problem with LHD cars w/T-plate?

21. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Never a problem with LHD. I got hassled with my 997 GT3RS and I knew the gig was up. That is likely to be my last unregistered RHD car unless it is a race car like my 348

22. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Just out of curiousity, lets say a cop stops a car with T plates or sees a car with T plates parking on the street; what nasty (but legal) actions can they take against you? Based on your comment, I assume that LHD is not a problem, but for RHD, do they give you a ticket or something?

23. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Go through your log book of every movement of the car and compare it with the photos from the street/tunnel cams as to accuracy of time and route etc. No matter how meticulous you are something will not be right. That is grounds for revoking the T plate. Even happens to official agent dealers. There are many things that an irate policeman can do to make your life not much fun. If car parked on street that is illegal - full stop. T plate can be gone. In the past would have been a warning letter only

24. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    They would stretch that far to make a living hell for you.... damn.

Thanks for all the info :)