So, who around here puts in a good windshield on a 328? | FerrariChat

So, who around here puts in a good windshield on a 328?

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by DMaury, Mar 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I found a place that does a good job of breaking up the metal surround piece while breaking out the windshield, so they get a big no on putting the new one back in.

Do any of you guys know someone here (here being Southeast LA) that can replace the windshield with my glass, sealing it with the black sealant tape off and press back in the two black anodized surround pieces so it all looks original?

I have all the parts, just need the expertise. If any of YOU know how to do this can you give some pointers if it's something I could do?

Thanks,

Maury

2. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    After seeing the problems with getting a 308 WS done locally (car was off the road for many weeks) when my 328 needed the work I took the car to FOH. It was painless.

3. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Lloyd's Glass in Metairie did the one in my ex 308. No problems they even managed to get all the declas trasferred to the new glass. they were also working on the 308 that Paul referenced , I ordered my glass from Lyle Taner www.ferraripartsexchange.com the other 308 ordered glass from GT Car Parts and another source that I do not remember, all were factory glass though IIRC If you are reusing your glass I would think any shop could do it and you won't have the fitment issues that were experienced on the 308 in question

4. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Well, I already have the new glass (old glass destroyed on removal by local shop) bought it from Maranello Concessionaires, back when you could still order from them via the owners site.

5. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Ferrari of Houston did mine.
    I would rather go without a windshield than take it to those lying Basters at Lloyd's glass. Just were goggles.

My 2 cents
    Kelly

6. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You may want to test fit by laying it in and make sure it lays flat. The ones Kelly received all stuck up on the passenger side top corner IIRC. Also I don't think his problem was for the work but I believe they charged him freight or for time fitting windshields that would not fit. Correct me if Iam rememering incorrectly Kelly.

7. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    On that post I move for the BMHS Alumni Assoc to revoke your diploma. :) Dave will you second the motion ?

8. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    LOL! BMHS? Brother Martin?

And I just got the car back today from the paint shop. I have 5 boys, all of which are playing baseball on different teams here in Ponchatoula, and I haven't had time to LOOK at the car, much less test fit the shield. I'll try it in a few hours. :)

9. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Seconded! Simply dreadful.

10. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes Brother Martin

11. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Very well then , the motion carries. Kelly please turn over your diploma and all related memoribilia and paraphernalia, yearbooks, awards, old uniforms, nametags, class ring etc. I'll blackout his picture in the class portraits at the school during the alumni seafood dinner. I guess black marker will cover a old deguerrotype photo that they used when he claims he graduated. I also see if Br. Jean can transfer his records to the Orleans Paish Pubic Skools :)

12. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I've had good experiences with Safelite in Mandeville. Not on a F car though.

13. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Frank and Dave, what about my 2 degrees from Tulane. Do I have too hand them in too.

The story with Lloyd's is not freight. The problem was in the windshield shipped to us. there is one for qv's and another for 308's injected or carbed. They shipped in 5 from T rulands, none fit, rutland paid all freight. Steve Algrim will never forget any of this. The last was from Gt who dry fit the windshield on a qv before shipping. they charged $100 to ship it back.
    The problem, is when you have the President of Lloyd's fly in form Orlando and meet with you and tell you he is going to refund all your money(Insurance Check) except for the $100 shipping to GT and shakes your hand. The next week you get your check, and it is minus $500, for the shipping of $100, and now their labor. The car was at Lloyds for 3 months. I went by once a week to warm it up and let it run. Ferrari of Houston knew of this problem, order the correct glass form lo-can glass and it was repaired in one trip. Steve at FOH said he has even since this problem on 355's.

Your word is the only thing in life you got, the President gave me his word. Well need I say more.

Kelly

14. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank

I will forward the above posts to the Tulane Alumni Assoc. and get a ruling about those for you . My guess..... probably .

I knew there was a problem with the refund of some cash, I just couldn't remember exactly what it was. Anyway like I said they did right by me on the QV and 1 Expedition windshield and 2 Honda windshields. Plus I received 3 boxes of steaks from them :)

15. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    I never got any steaks.

16. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    well when you bad mouth them like that what do you expect?? Very tender and tasty steaks too. Also I think it was marie over there that we dealt with she has her own glass business now from what I understand, I'll have to check on the name of it you need or want it.

17. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That's your ONLY saving grace. It shows you learned from your mistakes. I shudder to think of that post if they were from LSU!

18. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Damn, a complement from Dave. WOW what a DAY!!!!!!!

19. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    I thought I could look past the unfortunate fact that you attended Tulane, but this whole Breaux Mart thing is just too much for me to bear.

20. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
    Kenny Allen in Sorrento did mine. Good work.

21. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm thinking all three documents are fakes. I will inspect them carefully when I return to Louisiana. Until then, Kelly you are on double secret probation at BM Alumni events.

22. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    :rolleyes:
    It wasn't a compl..I..ment. So please resume with your private *****ing and moaning about how Dave is mean to you and how much you hate him! :D:D

23. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Love ya Dave, and since I am on double secret probation, can anyone say TOGA TOGA TOGA

24. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #24 sparta49, Apr 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I see the new spell checker is working for you
    Image Unavailable, Please Login