1986 Corvette as investment: price check | FerrariChat

1986 Corvette as investment: price check

Discussion in 'VetteChat.com' started by Bullfighter, Apr 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have a chance to buy one of only 14,877 bronze-over-chocolate metallic Vettes made with the Shiatsu massage seats on both sides. Problem is I have to empty my 401k for this, but there is a Collector Edition badge on the car and it looks legit.

Should I pull the trigger? I don't want to miss this one.

2. JMOrem

JMOrem Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Jared Orem
    Sounds like a good idea. That other "exotic" car company is planning to ramp up production which will lead to increased depreciation of their current and past models. Such a rare and low mile car will only appreciate in this type of market.

Be sure to post pics when you get it!!!

3. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    It's still one of only 2 million or so vettes ever made. As the poplulation grows and the older vettes get wrecked the numbers line up in your favor. Besides you can't lay a patch with your 401k.

4. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    I'm calling BS on this! So this poster comes out of no where with less than 10,000 posts and tries to convince and impress us genuine vette owners that he's about to make a move on one of these rare bronze babies with a legit looking Collector Edition badge?
    I don't think so! Nice try, "Jon".

5. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    So silly and amusing..............

6. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    My thoughts exactly. Clearly this guy is a noob.

7. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    +1

Ban the fool! ;)

8. JMOrem

JMOrem Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Jared Orem
    Come on guys! This is the type of attitude that keeps people from joining the 'Vette brotherhood and makes us look like elitist snobs. Give the guy a break already!

9. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Screw em. we can't start puttin up with this crap or else all the true vette lovers will leave. as in gone. finito. adios. sayanara. kaput. what are bans for anyway if not to get fools like this off the board?

get some cajones, will ya?

10. JMOrem

JMOrem Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Jared Orem
    Grow some? You callin' me out? You KNOW that a TRUE 'Vette drive NEVER back down from a fight!

Screw that other guy too, BTW.

11. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    uhhh...April Fools?

12. JMOrem

JMOrem Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Jared Orem
  13. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Sorry, just a lurker trying to make it in this elite group. :(

14. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.

LOL!!!
    Every post in this new section is killing me. So.......close to home, so to speak.
    You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!

BTW, calling this "Jon" guy out is great. What a NOOB!!! Glad he came clean finally, that's the way to gain entry in this exclusive croud.

15. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Man not only are forum poseurs (who pretend to be prospective inVettestors) diluting the once great Corvette checker-n-flower Scudetto that adorns the cars, it also the selling out of Vette management by whoring out the brand to just about everything. First, it was the polar fleeces and hats, then it got to the point of factory gold chains with diamond Vette shields! The straw that broke the camel's back with the "official" team Corvette goat hair sweater that replicates the "instant chest hair" look. I'm sorry but, a forest of chest hair and 24 karat gold chains takes a lifetime of Vette ownership to earn. After the Corvette segway came out, I decided to sell my beloved 1985 C4 "Explosive!" edition vette. I think I'll have to swallow my pride and get myself into one of those Lamborrari Scuderia or Repenton or whatever it is that passes for a poor man's Corvette these days.