Massa Support Thread | FerrariChat

Massa Support Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by ASK328, Apr 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    From BBC.com

Schumacher backs struggling Massa

Massa has yet to score a point in this season's championship
    Michael Schumacher believes Ferrari's Felipe Massa can still win the drivers' championship despite his poor start to the Formula One season.

The former world champion says Massa, who has yet to score a point, can get back to winning ways this weekend in Bahrain, where he won last year.

He said: "It's not the best of starts, but things will turn around very quickly I think in his favour.

"He is certainly still very capable of winning the championship this year."

The 26-year-old retired from the season-opening Australian Grand Prix and then spun into the gravel after starting on pole position at the last round in Malaysia.

Lewis Hamilton leads the standings with 14 points, three clear of Ferrari's world champion Kimi Raikkonen and BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld, but Schumacher, who is now a Ferrari adviser, thinks Massa will soon start to catch up.

He said: "Massa is very focused, knows what is going on and what he has to do. Pressure is normal in our world and I am certain he knows how to deal with it.

"He was quickest in Malaysia, and you must be very good to do this, and he was a little unfortunate later on.

"He was very strong in Bahrain last time, so there is no reason why he cannot do it again and win impressively."

Massa's slow start to the season has increased speculation about his future with the Italian team, despite still having two years left on his contract.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo this week refuted suggestions that Renault's double world champion Fernando Alonso was being lined up to replace Massa as Raikkonen's team-mate.

"We have two great drivers, the best available in terms of the package," Schumacher said.

"If Massa wins the championship at the end of the year, nobody will care or remember about the start of the season."

2. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Luca and Shumi can do the talking, I think they have a great driver in the Ferrari 2008!

3. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    April Fool's day was yesterday.

4. Ambassiatore

Ambassiatore Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...FORZA MASSA,FORZA FERRARI!!!
    ...Im in for a 1-2 this sunday...MASSA wins from pole and Kimmi takes a close second...Heikki suits third place and Hamilton is a DNF...

5. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Let's go Felipe :D

6. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Michael's just backing him because he wants him to keep his seat warm. :D

7. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Let's go Massa!!!!

I got 10 grand riding on your short Brazilian ass!!!!

8. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I support Massa. Absolutely.

There is no logic to diss this guy, especially if you remember the likes of Gilles, Jody, even Michael, running off the track, wrecking cars. I agreee with Schumacher's comments, because I would guess that Michael remembers all of his faux pas, Phil hasn't even come close. He has been Ferrari's most loyal team player in years.

Its my understanding the team is cutting him a lot of slack, there really are no threats to his seat. Primarily because he carried Ferrari's ass the first half of last year when Kimi didn't perform, and the team understands that they did much to ruin Phil's chances at WDC.

Believe what you want, I think Phil's got the ability. I prefer to cut him a lot of slack myself. Afterall, he represents my team.

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

We'll see what the guy is really made of over the next couple of races. It seems like he can qualify fine but lately under race pressure he's not pulling it off. Is it TC or mental fade or what? Only he can really answer that.(or maybe not if he's in denial)

Of course MS is going to earn his keep and appear like he's endorsing the guy. Hopefully he starts winning as that's all that counts.

10. yogibear

yogibear Karting

Sep 13, 2006
    i support all ferrari pilots.

11. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Ferrari has an air force now? Cool :D

12. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Not yet, but Kimi was known to put the McLaren airborne after running up the back of a slower car. ;)

13. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick

LMAO

14. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    :D

Forza Massa!

15. rodolfo

rodolfo Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2007
    Mexico
    Forza Massa

Go Felipinho, lets have a 1-2 in the desert.

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I find your comparison to Gilles Villeneuve repugnant. Gilles was a racing god who could have easily won Jody's WDC hadn't he been such a gentleman.

Massa is a mediocre midfielder lucky to sit in a Ferrari.

Get real.

17. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    No, I think your opinion of Massa is repugnant and totally amatuer. What made Gilles such a racing God? Did he ever win a WDC? How do you know that in 15 years Massa may not be viewed the same?

I remember all of the criticism that Gilles had to deal with after wrecking many a car, losing a race by making mistakes. What he had going for him was the emotional support of Enzo. And that he was very fast much of the time. Just like Massa is fast and has the support of the team today. Just like Massa showed he was a team player, gentleman as you call it, the second half of 2007 despite having his own team make mistakes that cost him the WDC.

For you to have such an opinion about Massa after two races shows you just do not understand the sport as much as you pretend. Let it go. This is a Massa support thread, why do you soil it with you negativity?

18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You're right, this is the Massa support thread. Plus I like you personally Ron, so I'll just leave it at that. Have fun.

19. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I will make that comparison as others I know that know more than you or I have made, and are making that comparison.

And it makes sense and is worthy.

You don't.

I do not look foolish to those that remember Gilles history. You can disagree all you want, but until this, I never pointed you out personally. I think you need to stop.

You are wrong about Massa, you have no idea what you are talking about, but it is your right to have this opinion, as it is my right to make this comparison.

Can we just leave it at that?

20. yogibear

yogibear Karting

Sep 13, 2006
    ferrari monopostos are bulit to fight........no???.....the difference is that they have upside-down wings...

21. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    #21 SRT Mike, Apr 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Massa has a huge following of Tifosi willing him on to driving greatness.

I swung by their meeting place the other day and took a pic of their latest "Massa support rally"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Brakefade

Brakefade Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Just ask DC.

23. Brakefade

Brakefade Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Guys, would a little respect be too much to ask? We all have our opinions, and that's fine, but just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you have to ridicule them.

24. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I find it amusing that the "Massa Sucks" thread has nearly 250 posts and the "Massa Supporter" thread has 24, and half of those are SRT Mike, Andreas, and myself :p

25. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    This is a thread of those that supports Massa. I do, I have all along irrespective of the BS flung at me. I think it time that those of you that do not agree stop the ridicule of those that do. If you can not, just stay off of this thread as I have from the Massa Sucks thread. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion without criticism and personal attacks. I got very angry recently at many of you because I got very tired of the personal attacks. Since the moderators do not stop this, all I can do is personally ask all of you to stop the personal attacks.

It is just not funny anymore. Nor is it amusing Ted that in the first day of this thread you make such a judgement. The Massa Sucks thread has been around for a while, so the comparison is not only premature, it is just irrelevant.