Testa glove box emergency lamp | FerrariChat

Testa glove box emergency lamp

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by barabus, Apr 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    With the GPS plugged into the Cig lighter it fouls the gear changing? I want to run my GPS off of the emergency lamp socket in the Testarossa glove box, does anyone know where i could get a plug to fit preferably at 90 degrees so i can run a wire off the socket and fit the GPS Cigarette lighter size plug?

2. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    why do you need a GPS ?

car never moves !

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky

Sheesh, most of us when driving our Ferraris have no idea of where we're going to go; so why do you need a GPS??

Just go where your car takes you and enjoy the ride!

4. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Thanks for your help lads

5. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    If this is the same plug as fits an early 308 (before they went to the cigarette lighter plugin), I found a source at a motorcycle shop. If you can confirm that a 308 plug will fit, I'll look up where I bought it from.

6. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I had to double-take the thread title. I thought it read "Tesla glove box emergency lamp". ;)
    I had this mental image of lightning in a glove box. :D

You may not want to use the emergency lamp outlet for a GPS -- it stays on when the car is off. You might want to check the wiring diagram and hook up a Radio Shack connector in, say, the stereo power circuit. (That's probably not factory stock anyway.)

Hmm: Tesla. How much current does the GPS need? Would the suspension bumps shake a wire coil around enough to generate all the power a portable GPS needs? :p