Big THANKS to Derek | FerrariChat

Big THANKS to Derek

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Imola2001, Apr 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    Just wanted to give Derek @ FOD a big THANKS in helping get me set up for a tour of the Factory later this year (Sept. 30th) & also for hotel help for the week I will be in the Maranello region.

Great to have him here in our region of Ferrari world :)

2. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Well this is great news! Someone at Ferrari finally got their feet off the desk and scheduled the tour?! I'm glad to help out any way I can but I must admit it was a wee bit embarassing in the time it took to get this accomplished :) I hope you (no, wait) I KNOW you'll have fun! Are you staying at the Planet Hotel?

3. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Make sure to lots of pictures!!! Of course not in the factory, but outside of it!

4. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    Thanks again, and no worries on the time it took.

We are looking forward to the trip, and yes, we are going to spend the first stint at the Planet Hotel. The soon-to-be wife requested a suite with a view of the track, so that it is :)

You know, while watching the race (replay at 11:30 on Sunday) she said that it is too bad we could not make going to the F1 race work out (something about why can't we go on a 5 week honeymoon???), suggested we get a tour of the Ducati Factory while we are there, and try to catch the F1 race in Montreal!

And yes, there will be pictures :)

5. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    The people at the Planet Hotel are very accomodating, if you want to take a tour of any of the great factories in the region (Ducati, Lamborghini, Pagani, etc) they will arrange them for you!

6. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    #6 Derek at FoD, Apr 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are a few photos to whet your appetite :) The second photo show the "Fiorano view"...I was a bit disappointed by how far we were from Fiorano but there are so many sites to be seen that you won't spend too much time in the room anyways. The best part is being woken up in the morning by the sounds of Ferraris lapping the track :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Do they still have the F1 car in the front of that store? Best gift shop ever!

8. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Yes, they do! It is to the right of the two coloumns in the photo. One of the best memories I have of our trip to Maranello was being in the Ferrari gift shop...every time the doors would slide open you would be greeted by a glorious Ferrari F1 engine shriek!!! It fooled my wife, Sage two or three times until she got the hang of it :)