Unobtainium Supplies: K-Jetronic (CIS) Plastic Fuel Line/Hose Restoration Kit | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Unobtainium Supplies: K-Jetronic (CIS) Plastic Fuel Line/Hose Restoration Kit

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Verell, Feb 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Yep, I'm doing an 86 328.

2. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    Verell,
    count me in for a kit and tool. If you can confirm the cost of the tool I could send you the money for all parts in one transfer.
    My car is a Euro 328 (1988) and I don't need the lines from fuel distributor to pump and fuel tank (they are stainless steel)

Thanks !

3. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.

Verrel,

I am in no rush. Another couple of months after 26+ years probably won't hurt anything (I hope) :) In actuality my lines look very good but I wanted to replace them just for the heck of it.

Hey Buddy, you have a private email "Collets are coming!!!"

Mark

4. gt500blue

gt500blue Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    GT
    I'm in somewhat of a hurry as 2 of my lines are "bubbled" from previous heat damage or something. They have been that way for a year now, so I don't think they are as bad as they look, but would like to do it when I get the next chance. So I guess I didn't pay attention to the thread well enough. I have an 83 QV. My assumption is that the plastic line that you secured for me and this tool will still work on my car. Am I right?

SO, that being a safe assumption, I could do it as soon as I receive a tool.

Thanks!
    JW

5. Fritz Ficke

Fritz Ficke Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2006
    Tucson, AZ.
    Full Name:
    Fritz Ficke
    count me in for one.

6. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Verell, where do you stand on mailing out the insertion tooling? I'm getting my car back tomorrow and plan to be flying on it getting it all back and going.

7. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I see 5 people down for the tools.

I'll runoff a pilot quantity (6-8) out of maple. Price will be $95 each + $11.90 S&I.

Again, 1st come, 1st served, send PayPal per instructions earlier in this thread.
    Please use:
    SUBJ: ORDER: Qty 1 CIS line insertion tool

I'm already 100% booked thru Friday, I've scheduled time the 1st part of next week to make them. They'll ship mid to late next week.

I'm sorry this is taking so long, New Years thru April is my peak season, & this year's peak is the largest I've had to date. I'm just now shipping orders that arrived in early March.

8. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
  9. gt500blue

gt500blue Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    GT
    Please forgive my ignorance... Maple? Is that a mold for a machine shop or will the tool made of wood actually work too? Stupid question, I'm sure :)

10. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Doesn't seem like a stupid question to me. I just thought he was sending me a wood tool, and because Verell made it, it would work fine. ;)

11. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    It will be a fully functional tool made out of maple. Maple is an extremely hard, dimensionally stable, fine grained wood. It's often used for machining fixtures because it can be machined so precisely. Another use is for patterns for sand casting where it's used many times/day for 20-30 years or more. Using carbide tools, I can cut maple at much much faster rates than I can aluminum.

This tool is a good aplication for maple. Maple has just enough surface texture so that it will hold the Cohline tubing with less pressure than is required for Aluminium, hence less chance of damaging it.

12. gt500blue

gt500blue Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    GT
    Awesome. Thank you! I will paypal tonight.

Thanks,
    GT

13. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I've had a couple of PMs asking if there are any kits available. At this point I still have a couple of the late April kits w/o customers. I also have a couple of customers who've said they're 'in' but haven't sent payment. I'm following up with them to see if they're really 'in', or if I can make their kits available.

Haven't verified w/Cohline, but I'm pretty sure they get containers every other month, so the next round of kits will most likely ship in late June.

14. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    Verell,
    How do I go about ordering your fuel line replacement kit? I can't seem to find where you indicate the price for the lines and the installation tool. Thanks

15. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Lou,
    See this thread's posts #1 & #32.

Don't drag your feet. I'll do a full count of the April delivery orders tonight, but I think there may only be 1 kit left.

16. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    OK, I've gone thru all the orders, turns out there are now 2 kits remaining.
    Turns out I had 2 peoplemwr4440 & DMaury) down for kits who just wanted the tool to go with the kits they've already got.

gt500blue,
    I'm reserving a fuel line kit + insertion tool for you, is this correct?
    Not sure if I've received your payment & just aren't tyeing the name & Fchat username together, or if I Haven't rcvd payment yet. Don't think I"ve received it as I haven't seen a TX shipping address in the PayPal notifications.

Pls eMAIL me & clarify.

17. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Verrel,

What do I owe you for the tool and any other goodies I have been remiss in paying you for? Sorry......

mwr4440

18. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I'm counting orders received as of 6:00 PM EDT tonight & cutting maple.
    I'll start a couple extra in case I blow a setup, but there may not be any extra when I'm finished.
    If I haven't received your payment as of this deadline, then you'll most likely have to wait untill I get enough orders to runoff some more.

To order the tool, See the amount in post #32, & adapt the ordering instructions in post #1, using
    "ORDER: Qty 1 CIS Insertion Tool"
    in the PayPal notes subject.
    If you're sending a check or MO, then send email w/same SUBJECT:

19. gt500blue

gt500blue Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    GT
    Verell,

I have already received the plastic fuel lines. I simply need the tool. I have sent you two private messages. Bottom line is that my paypal account was low and I just transferred the funds to it from my checking account. They are telling me it will take 48 hours for the transfer. Please be assured that I will pay you ASAP, just like the fuel lines.

Bottom line: I have the fuel lines already from you. That should leave you with another set of lines for someone else.

I need the insertion tool only and will submit payment as soon as the account funds are there.

Thanks for your patience and continued dedication to all of us on Fchat!

John
    GT500Blue

20. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Oh, and Verell, I DO have 20 meters of the 6 X 2 line that came in finally that I had tracked down before I saw you were making kits. What ever is left over I'll ship to you and that way more folks can get their kits. I have no need of it. :)

21. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    Verell, I sent payment via Paypal a few days ago for lines and tool. Did you receive it? Did I make it in time to get one of the last April orders? Thanks

22. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    Same question here ... can you please confirm ?

23. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Hello,

I just reed a Bosch-manual for K-jetronic installations. Make shure the injector-line lengths must be the exact the same !! Its very important for an exact explosion-timing from fuelmixture inside the 8 different cambers. With different lengths, the engine may run irregular.

Guido

24. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Lou, RGigante, you made it under the wire.

25. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I just called CohlineUSA to check on the order.

The container came in yesterday, but it didn't have our special ordered Cohline on it. It's in a container that's coming in 1st week in May. CohlineUSA suspecta that the factory had to run some off & just didn't get it made in time for the April container. Makes sense, as last time I ordered a 20 meter roll, but it came in as 8 5 meter pieces. They confirmed that I had ordered well in advance of the deadline for this shipment.

When I told them I had 10 customers waiting for the line they offered to try to get some in a rush shipment for another customer that's being sent by air tomorrow. They're sending eMAIL to try to get some in that shipment. I agreed to splitting the air freight charge with the other customer(s). I told them that if it came in, I'd also take the line that's coming in early May.

I'm going to be traveling w/o internet access for 2 weeks starting Friday 25 April. If it makes the air shipment, I should have it in time to get it out next week before I leave but it's going to be tight.