MASERATI MC12 REGISTER | Page 23 | FerrariChat

MASERATI MC12 REGISTER

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by alveng, Sep 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Moca

Moca Formula 3

Feb 3, 2007
    Hungary, Szombathely
    Full Name:
    Peter
  2. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    ... Is the orange MC12 Versione Corsa of mr. Bareither "orange wrapped" as his FXX? And btw, its S/N?

3. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    No, the CORSA is painted in that color. No VIN yet, as I had contact with Bareither 2 weeks ago and then he was not in his office to check the s/n.
    I call him again this week.

Ciao!
    Walter

4. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    Orange and black on a mc12 looks awsome

5. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    But no where near as good as the classic blue and white.

6. beckerto

beckerto Rookie

May 8, 2004
    are you sure? so there are TWO street legal MC12 Corsa in germany! the orange one from Edo (Bareither) and the black one from mille miglia motors.

7. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The 2nd car is owned by Hubert Haupt from Munich/Germany. Both owners got their cars road-legal.....!

Ciao!
    Walter

8. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
    The registry must be down, does anyone know how many MC12s are in the US?

9. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    13 cars.

10. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    saw a MC12 today in Ft Collins Colorado. very nice

11. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    New MC12 in Calgary Canada... not sure of the VIN, Euro car with North Carolina plates on it...

12. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    That was the car that was here in Colorado on its way to Calgary.

13. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    ARE THERE ANY MC12 OWNERS IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA???? Thanks for any info!

14. Giovanna360

Giovanna360 Rookie

Feb 14, 2007
    LOL. sorry this thread is apparently old as ****. I have to comment. Bruce is my uncle and Andrew is my cousin. :D

15. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    im sure there is, its California!

16. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Theres one about 100 miles from me, the owner of Ferrari S.V. owns one. Along with an Enzo, F50, F50 gt1, etc. Finally saw the MC12 though.

17. ITALOVER

ITALOVER Karting

Feb 26, 2006
    MODESTO , CALIF.
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    My friend saw one here in Cal 2 weeks ago . Up in Strawberry Ca. A little mountain town grabbing a bite to eat .

18. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Congrats to everybody here who saw a MC12! Hurrayyyyyy! And,...so what? Is this the essence of this Forum to say "Hey, I saw one in my neighbourhood"????

Gee, give substancial infos pleazzzzze! VIN, photos etc.! And now back to those of you who saw Santa driving his red-white ENZO in Tinseltown (incl. VIN!).

Ciao!
    Walter

19. aarhap

aarhap Karting

Feb 25, 2007
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    They probably both went to Aussie because as far as I know, there are none currently residing here in New Zealand.

20. Mazza1

Mazza1 Karting

Apr 10, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Adam Szewczyk
    #571 Mazza1, Apr 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I noticed you admired the Maserati 300S, my brother is building a 'homage to the 50's Maserat Racers' with a twist, he has added another speed hump, it also flips at the back and front, pictures attached, these pictures are couple of months old, however it is based on a maserati Mistral (Chassis and engine), the engine is being rebuilt with racing pistons etc

Some say the 300S was the prettiest race car of the 50's, hard not to agree.

Sorry if this of no interest.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The rear of the car is completly wrong as it shows the early version while the front of this "hommage" is the later longnose version. The longnose version had ALWAYS a longer rear end.

btw., why do you post this photos on 3 threats?????? Here is MC12-issue!

Ciao!
    Walter

22. Mazza1

Mazza1 Karting

Apr 10, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Adam Szewczyk
    It is not a long nose version, I have seen a long nose, or a shortnose, you seem obsessed with this exact copy thing, which is ironic considering no 2 cars are the same. Also the arches are not finished, no shocks they are fixed at the mo and it is on axle stands in most of the pictures. Also the dimensions of a Mistral chassis is almost identical to a 300S.

Three threads was it bit a mishap as its the first time I have used this site.

23. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    You are wrong - the "hommage" shows a longnose and the rear of the early, shortnose version. Sorry to say, but I drove 3 cars of them, saw about 10 of that type and just finished a book about the 300S, so I know this car "quite" well.

The fact that the measurements of the 300S are -almost!- identical to that of the Mistral doesn`t mean anything as the suspension and chassis-hight are completly different! Yes, you are right - no 2 of the 300S are identical - but this are only in small details (apart from the short- and longnose-versions). The differences with the "hommage" are VERY significant to those of the real thing.

Ciao!
    Walter

24. Mazza1

Mazza1 Karting

Apr 10, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Adam Szewczyk
    It is not based on the real thing, when I said it not a long nose or short nose, I meant it is actually a bit between, as mentioned my brother has put his spin on it, because it is homage to the 'Maserati 50's Racers' not just the 300. Same with the rear, it sits between the short and long.

You seem to be confusing this with an exact replica, I saw the left handed '300S Replica' on the thread and they have missed the mark dreadfully, because it is ugly, looks like a kit car, its all about the execution and quality, which this car will have.