Tracing history of my car | FerrariChat

Tracing history of my car

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 308 milano, Apr 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Hello Everyone, Need some advice here!
    For the past year I've been trying to trace the history of my car with absolutely no luck at all. The Guy I purchased it from owned it for 18+ years and didn't keep reciepts, add to the equation that he worked for the defense dept. and lived in alot of different states. Car fax is a joke and with the privacy laws I'm getting no where fast! -So, my question is: Have any of you ever used that website that for $25( or something like that)claims that you can search for people,vehicle ownership,criminal records,etc. and been sucessful? I have a bad feeling about this website as I know its a double edged sword. I have no intension of contacting previous owners, just would like to document its history. The previous owner did give me the name "Tiffs" in Oahu, Hawaii that serviced the car ,and a gentleman named "Hanns" in Chicago (unable to contact either one) He also mentioned that the guy he purchased the car from might have had Mafia connections and he sold the car because his father bought him a brand new TR. Everyone I have contacted say they have no record of my GTB. ever being there, so whats your thoughts? Has anyone used this website?

2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Posting the serial, will produce some surprising resluts

3. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Interesting word...

4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    sorry, re-sluts....er results...er..... you know what I meant

5. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Of course - we all make funny typos :D

No offense intended - made me laugh

Jedi

6. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Did someone say sluts? Any of my ex's show up?

7. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Kim,

Post the VIN for the car...

Mike in Kuwait

8. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Guys Goodmorning!
    Ha!, at this point I'd settle for resluts!
    My car is an 84 308 GTB vin.#E0049461, I've posted it before and no luck.
    The car shows first point of ownership registrared in Richardson, Tx. in 1985 with 21k on the odometer (21k first year) no one in the area has a record of the car.
    1987 shows title issued in Oklahoma with 60k on the odometer (another 40k in 2 years) so that is 60k in the first 3 years, so I'm finding it hard to believe that I cannot locate a single record for as much as the car has been driven.
    1988 shows vehicle titled in Illinois to the guy I purchased the car from with 61k and he owned it till 06 when I took ownership.
    by that time the car has also been in Hawaii, Iowa,chicago,south Carolina, that I know of. Car currently has 91,231k on the odometer,not 61,231 like carfax shows (what a bunch of num-nuts) I've been trying to get that fixed for about 6 months and finally enlisted the help of the sheriffs dept to act as a go between and varify the odometer reading. Kim

9. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank