360/430 manual trans owners sports mode or not? | FerrariChat

360/430 manual trans owners sports mode or not?

Discussion in '360/430' started by mrpcar, Apr 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Sports mode or not

1. Yes

2. No

3. Sometimes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I am curious to know how many 360/430 manual transmission owners keep their car in sports mode all the time? I know most F1 tranny owners keep their car in sports mode for better shifting, in the manual transmission car the sport mode only changes shock setting. Interesting my SOP feel is that the cars feels less bumpy in sports mode, than normal mode. So I am curious to know how many keep their 360/430 in sports mode all the time (Manual transmission owners).

TIA

2. Taffy

Taffy Karting

Mar 30, 2007
    Cardiff UK
    Full Name:
    Chris T

It also makes the traction control less invasive.....I only use sport mode on smooth tarmac ....

3. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    I usually leave it off, but have played with it a little bit. Honestly I can't really feel any diff with the car when it's on.
    But, I also haven't pushed in on a track yet, so......

4. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    For me.... Spot Mode is ALWAYS ON!!!!!!!!

5. garybryan

garybryan Karting

Nov 6, 2006
    Denver
    +1, i can't feel any difference as well. i very seldom turn it on

6. brokenleg

brokenleg Rookie

May 16, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I use it in the hills with a big difference in handeling. If the road is straight, sport mode off is a little less bumpy, particularly if there are expansion joints in a concrete road. However, its easy to live with on all the time too.

7. FQ340

FQ340 Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2007
    istanbul
    Full Name:
    ahmet
    I turn it off (or on? lets say i activate it) when i'm on an empty, large enough to wag the tail, or when i want to do some enthusiastic driving.
    On track its always off.
    I cant see how 360 owners do not see difference it makes traction wise. Even on 3rd, with sport on, when i gun it, the tail starts to slide if the asphalt is smooth.
    I ticked "somethimes" because i feel it makes the car more bumby on rough roads. Maybe thats just a "feeling" because i do not actually think that it changes the suspention settings that much.
    I look at it like a "turbo boost" button, for when i need a little more adrenaline rush.

But i've never tried to drive with ASR off, with all traction control off, you probably cant medal to metal it, on city traffic at least. (I think you press and hold till the ASR flickers in the dash right?)

8. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    On the track and/or agressive driving I like the firmer suspension and the longer leash the traction control gives in sport mode. Otherwise, for 85% of the street driving, sport mode is too agressive and bumpy.

9. vm3

vm3 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2007
    California
    Sport mode makes the ride slightly firmer on the street so I keep it off. It is turned on for the track.

ASR is usually on except when I want to powerslide.

10. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I leave it off around town. Sometimes I turn it on if I'm on a twisty road and/or the highway. As mentioned above, I also leave the ASR on unless I want to break the back end loose or need to accelerate real hard while turning.

Ray

11. 900ssDuke

900ssDuke Karting

Sep 12, 2007
    UK
    Sport mode always on unless the roads are wet. With sport mode off, the traction control cuts in too quickly. ASR only switched off to drift the back end at track day hairpins or one or two corners on the road I know I can get away with it.

12. csteve

csteve Karting

May 6, 2006
    hong kong
    Full Name:
    steve chang
    sports mode off for city driving for a smoother ride, sports mode on when doing spirited morning drives.

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Okay. I was wondering why the rear kept falling into place. I have noticed when I turn SM on it has never stumbled when I floor it.