Can anyone recommend someone to PPI a car that is located at Ferrari of Washington | FerrariChat

Can anyone recommend someone to PPI a car that is located at Ferrari of Washington

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by mgv1, Apr 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mgv1

mgv1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Mark V
    Hi,

Can anyone give me the contact info of a reputable shop that can do a PPI on a 360 that is presently at FOW. FOW told me that they do their own leakdown, compression and 101 point inspection but I would like a second opinion.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

2. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
  3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
  4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Mark,
    Good luck with the car! Competizione would be the only second choice.

Robert

5. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    definitely get it checked outside FOW.

6. mgv1

mgv1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Mark V
    Thanks Guys,

I called Competizione and spoke to a guy named Fernando. I must say that he was very good on the phone and had a definite enthusiasm and I hung up feeling comfortable sending the car there.
    Sounds like some of the guys at Competizione used to work at FOW.

I'll post the results as they transpire.

Thanks again.

7. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    Fernando is the MAN! (Not that richard isn't also...) He loves what he does and I'm sure everyone here will tell you they will do an incredibly thorough job. If your car needs any kind of service, you should consider letting them do it before it is shipped out.

8. modena2904

modena2904 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 6, 2007
    Ellicott City, MD
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yes, they both used to be at FOW before striking out on their own. They run a top-notch shop -- Richard and Fernando are two of the best in the business, IMHO.

- Eric

9. John Dowling

John Dowling Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    John Dowling
    These guys have done work for me and they are fantastic. Use them without hesitation.

10. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Get Richard or Fernando to do your PPI. I would trust them with any car any time. They have a fantastic shop and love what they do. When you see the level of cars that owners have entrusted to their care, you'll feel very comfortable having them work on your car, be it a PPI, or anything else. And based on recent experience, I definitely suggest having someone outside FoW do the PPI. I'm not going to elaborate on that pending how FoW handles a couple of issues on the car I just bought from them three weeks ago.

11. mgv1

mgv1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Mark V
    Thanks to all that posted and PM'd me, the car should be with Competizione early next week and we'll see how it goes from there.

12. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What car is it??

13. mgv1

mgv1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Mark V
    I sent you a PM.

14. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    If you scroll down, you'll see I posted a response to this thread a week ago. I did so in haste because I was upset about an issue that had come up on my car that I felt should have been taken care of before I picked it up. Given that I was dealing with a car dealership, I assumed I'd have a fight on my hands to get the issue resolved to my satisfaction....and I spun myself up just thinking about it.

I need to apologize to FoW for assuming the worst as opposed to giving them the benefit of the doubt. My issue was dealt with extremely professionally and without question and very quickly. There was no hesitation on their part to resolve it in my favor....there was never even a question about it...it was simply resolved.

I want to thank Ralph Cestero and Glenn Marquis for taking care of me so professionally and so quickly.

I still think a PPI is always a good idea, but I could have expressed that without the slam on FoW.

Thanks,
    Kevin

15. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    good for fow.