What accent do you have ?? quiz /..... | FerrariChat

What accent do you have ?? quiz /.....

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dcup, Apr 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
  2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    OMG - I sound like Lamour!

Not from anywhere near PA, but, I have been told I have a great voice for TV or radio, or, was that face for radio...

3. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    #3 Dcup, Apr 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    we must be brothers !!!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    YeeGads! Run for your lives, everyone! It's the WolfingtonMan!

5. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Inland North, where ever that is.

6. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It was right for me, as it said I have a Northeast accent.

7. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    not even close. said i was midlandand. i've got a major Balmer accent, Hon. although sometimes folks think it's a Philly accent.

8. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    It said I was West, then Midland, North Central, Boston, and then finally the South. I find that very strange considering I have a pretty strong Southern accent and I got a 100% on the Yankee test (0 is most Yankee, 100 most Southern).

9. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Midland, which is right, I was born in Colorado and we don't have accents in Colorado :D

10. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    "You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, Ocean City, New Jersey, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

11. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    "Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent."

Wow....I've only been to the northeast twice, and never near Philly.

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    "North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

Riiight. No one has EVER confused me for being Canadian. lol

13. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Buddy, you have a thick accent. I had never heard an accent like yours before we had dinner at that chinese restaurant a couple yrs ago, and ever since then I can hear someone with a similar accent and I instantly think of you and when I ask where they're from they're ALWAYS from Maryland.

What's funny is that I got the same answer as you did (I do live in the Dallas area but that's an exremely broad answer there.) , and I don't thnk you and I have anywhere close to the same accent. But I probably sound as redneck to you as you do to me. LOL:)

14. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Mine reported back as "North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot. High Score in West, Midland, and Boston. West clearly makes sense and does to Boston to some degree as I am often asked by people if I used to live there.

15. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Philly Cheese Steak.

Yup, that's me.

we drink wudder.

We wush our carz.

And we watch the IGGLES play football.

Yup.

Also got my wife EXACTLY right. Inland north.

She drinks soda pop.

DM

16. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    What American accent do you have?
    Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

17. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    I've been told by 4 different of each other peeps that I sound...

1. Irish

2. Like A'hnold!!!!

Either way I am offended :D

18. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Apparently, knowing how to enunciate is deemed exclusive to Phila. Gah.

A couple of times, individuals who have placed a room full of people by their accent have been stumped by me. In my youth, I put a lot of effort into emulating a "network news" accent. (E.g., learning to say "youth" instead of "yout". ;))

In english, at least. My language teacher once despaired to understand how anyone could manage to speak french with a bronx accent. :p

Although enunciating is clearly no longer practiced in hollyweird. While I was watching the DVDs of the "Firefly" series, I was reassured to see that the people who added the subtitles couldn't understand half of what they were saying, either. And not just the massively mangled chinese phrases. A couple of times, I spotted mumbled english phrases labeled "speaking chinese" in the subtitles.

19. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    Your Result: The South

"That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it."

Nailed me :)

It couldn't hear the hillbilly, redneck, nasal twang that goes with it though ;)

20. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Yup. Tis true.

Your Result: The West.

21. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Said the same for me, and I'm half Texas, half Mississippi, and have lived in Dallas all my life.

22. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    North Texican.

23. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    It claims "Midland, or 'no accent'", but anyone who knows me will testify to the Texan in my twang.

24. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Well, I've moved throughout the nation, born in Minneapolis, moved to Oklahoma->Michigan->Houston->Austin->Phoenix

It said I had a North Central accent, which every is saying is Minnesota. I don't think I have a "North Central" accent anymore, probably because I moved from there when I was very young.

25. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    It says "Northeast" probably New York City for me, which is actually correct as far as where I grew up. However, most people tell me "you don't sound like a New Yorker, you have no accent". In retrospect, I think what it actually tests is your ear for what sounds natural, versus how you actually speak.