koenig competition 1.000 hp | FerrariChat

koenig competition 1.000 hp

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by turbo-joe, Apr 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    hello all,

first I want to introduce myself a little. I´m living in the south-western part of germany, have a small own garage, repairing cars and motorcycles, welding aluminum and stainless steel, rebuilding complete engines and transmissions, doing nearly all in the automotive sector. so my job is my hobby or my hobby is my job??
    a few years ago I owned a testarossa koenig competition. a very powerful car. the problem is the gearbox. I just finished preparing again a rebuilt gearbox but I´m always looking for better parts. so just now I´m looking for a complete differential housing, but not an original. about two years ago I got one from the united staates and the dealer told me it was made in australia. on the housing it was stamped "MODENA". so I´m looking for this factory because they are doing a very good job. is there somebody who can help me? perhaps somebody knows a TORSON differential?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
  3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    thanks for the fast anwser. I´ll try to get in contact with them.

who can I post the pics here?
    I can not see a buttom or link to do so

4. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    when you are posting scroll down to manage attachments

5. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    I would love to see some pics :D

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I have a Koenig bodied 512TR race car w 500hp, Ive had trans problems too

I had Bob Wallace who used to work at Lamborghini build me a trans, he builds BBLM trans so this was basically a modded BBLM trans

Bob works in the USA in Arizona, I think he is in Phoenix

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
  8. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    More!!!!!

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #9 WILLIAM H, Apr 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Is the Slutmobile a Koenig too?

11. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    No, just Slutty :)

She's a Straman

12. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Congrats!

That was the car listed on Willy Koenig's website back in 2003. Rare "narrow body" Koenig.
    Some vids would be interesting.

Cheers,
    Taffy

13. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    The blokes that make those diffs are about 20km from me here in Melbourne. Sing out if you need a hand with them.

14. B512M

B512M Karting

Mar 26, 2008
    flood city
    Full Name:
    Christian
    hey turbojoe, do you happen to know the size & wheel offsets for the Koenig Testarossa ? thanks

15. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    hello uzz32soarer,

I already had email contact with that factory, called Modena Engineering Australia P/L, Factory 2/11 Daniel Drive, CARRUM DOWNS VIC 3201 AUSTRALIA with a man called frank. in a mail at the beginning of april he mailed me that hehas some inquiry about the delivery of those diffs and he had to look out the older drawings to make some. but since that mail I had no more contact to him. I´ll wait to next week and will send him again a mail.but also it would be nice from you to find out some more ! ! ! thanks

B512M:
    sorry, my english is not so good that I can understand your question. what are "size and wheel offsets" ? you mean perhaps camber, caster, toe??? please let me know.

BlueBiturbo: thanks for the congrats. do you mean under vids some video? sorry, but I don´t have just now. more pics are possible because the engine is out just now because of the malfunction of the diff. I try this weekend to put some more pics in here if I get the time

16. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    So you are looking for a complete TORSEN style Limited Slip Diff from Modena Engineering for the Testarossa? What year is the car?

17. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I already had contact with frank from modena engineering and he told me that torson diffs are not so good for this car. also the torson itself is a limited slip diff because of the construction. I´m looking now for a normal limited slip diff, may be a little more limited than the original. year of the car is 1987

18. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    So can Frank supply you with the correct type of slippery diff for the car or does he only do a Torsen type?

19. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    just now I don`t know what he will do, if he will do something. I hope to hear from him next week again what is going on. he s not doing torson diff for this car

20. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    How fast have you driven the KCE-1000 ? With a narrow body I bet the top speed is higher.

21. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    just now I have a medium gear ratio for the primary transmission ( from the clutch down to the gearbox ) so that the rpm limiter will fit at a speed about 340 km/h. but koenig told me that they had tested exactly this car on the new "autobahn" at munich airport with about 370 km/h in the night. but I´m sure that with a right ignition and a right injection ( just now it is a simple double KE jetronic from bosch plus a special injection from lenz turbotronic ( lenz once was involved in the formula 1 BMW turbo 4 cylinder engines ) the car will get the 400 km/h, but also with the right gear ratio because of the rpm limiter. I don´t want to go more than 7300 rpm.

22. Ferrari Mackintosh

Ferrari Mackintosh Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2004
    N/A
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Enthiusiast
    turbo-joe
    I'm confused here. I spoke to Walter Koenig back in 2003 and he told me that the TR you now possess was a 512TR (not a Testarossa).

23. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    Dan Osib: the car I have is first registration 1987 and at that time a 512 TR has been not availble. the 512 TR comes later. also it was not me that posted here this car was for sale by willy koenig in 2003, it was BlueBiturbo and I don`t know if this is or was right or not.

uzz32soarer: frank send me a mail that one is 3.500 AUD. so they can make me one or two. I will open a new thread to find out who else need such a differential. if perhaps some need one or more and frank will manufacture more the price could go down ?

24. Ferrari Mackintosh

Ferrari Mackintosh Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2004
    N/A
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Enthiusiast
    turbo-joe
    I've been saying on this forum for years that the ultimate car to have is a Koenig 512TR. I drive a 512TR at the moment which is soon to be replaced by a Lamborghini Murcielago fitted with a tubi exhaust. The thing that put me off doing a Koenig engine conversion to my 512TR was a clip I saw on YOUTUBE of a Koenig Testarossa doing a driveby. I'll be honest when I say that it didn't sound very loud at all. I fact it sounding quite tame, nothing compared to the spinetingling noise of a stock 512TR fitted with a FUCHS sports exhaust. What do you think to the sound of your Koenig TR? am I wrong here? was it just a bad video clip I watched that didn't do the car justice? I was hoping that a Koenig TR/512TR would sound like some kind of uncaged animal due to the straight through exhaust system. An extremely insane racing car noise on a par with a Tubi'd Lambo Gallardo or something.

25. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    it was a bad video clip.

Add in the wastegates, bov, and turbos and a turbo 512 will put a stock to shame.