430 Scuderia interior | FerrariChat

430 Scuderia interior

Discussion in '360/430' started by kevinnz, Apr 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevinnz

kevinnz Rookie

Apr 12, 2008
    Hi guys does anyone have any pictures of a Scuderia with black leather interior with black or silver 2 layer fabric. Id really appreciate it as im worried it may look a little bland.

2. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    There is no silver two-layer fabric, only black, grey, yellow and red.

Interior designers usually abide by certain guidelines.........never mix and combine natural fabrics with artificial fabrics........it never looks right. Leather is a natural fabric.......the two-layer fabric, alcantara and the technical fabric are artificial fabrics, therefore can be matched together. IMO, they can't be matched with leather.

3. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Agree. Look on the Ferrari website for pictures of all black. I went with all black standard interior as Tarek points out - all artificial fabrics looks better than mixed with leather

4. marksp

marksp Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2006
    Redmond, WA
    #4 marksp, Apr 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On the other hand, Ferrari has designed a beautifully complimentary combination of leather and Alcantara in the F430 (see attached picture). Slightly different from the Scuderia interior as you would have to factor in the CF door panels, body colored floor and different seat design, but close enough to give you a feel for how well leather and "artificial" fabrics look together. Stitching color and thickness play a huge role in the overall look.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. bkms1

bkms1 Rookie

Apr 12, 2004
    toook a ride in one yesterday amazing

6. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Well, I respectfully disagree. I've seen an all black Scud ... exterior and interior black. The car is just too dark on the inside. I mixed leather and tech fabric on mine. Scuderias are now being delivered to US customers. Hopefully we'll get to see more interior choices.

7. kevinnz

kevinnz Rookie

Apr 12, 2008
    I also was a little surprised at the comments that leather and tech fabric dont go together.
    Found an Enzo that was black leather, black tech fabric and red stitching which I thought looked great.

Also found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGe8mpUjASo of black leather/tech fabric.

In the end had to make a choice so went with black leather/black tech fabric and black stitching. Figured with resale red on the outside and silver floor it would be bright enough. Still would like to see any pictures or if someone has seen a black leather and grey tech fabric combo.

8. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    I ordered mine with the black leather and grey tech fabric and STC2 stitching. I'm sure it will look fine. I too have seen an Enzo with leather/tech fabric and the interior looked great. I"m not worried about mixing the two fabrics. My best friend ordered his in rosso corsa with black leather, grey inserts, and red stitching.

9. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Personal taste. Looking forward to seeing more cars and photos. My car will be white. I had all black interior in my second 599 and I loved it - did not find it too dark at all

10. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    White and a black interior will be amazing..........perfect combination. Congratulations DM.

11. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Sounds good.............White is the new black!

You would not go wrong with white/ black combo!! When will your waiting be over btw, DM18?

Congrats in advance,

12. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Order is locked into the system. I am in the second batch of 3 cars. Should arrive in July

13. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Hi all. The video a few posts up was shot by my 14 year old son near us. The car had a really great looking black leather int. and looked especially amazing in the footwells where it meets the floor. After seeing this one, if I was lucky enough to be able to order one I would get mine very much like this interior. I truly believe this car is so spectacular that it could have pink poke-a-dots and would still look awesome. I so envy you guys that are getting one.

14. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Bob, how did the Algar car look with the carbon door sills on the black leather. Was the carbon too busy looking or just right?

15. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    I think that having the leather in the footwells allowed the carbon door sills and the uncovered floor look much more finished and classy. I am one person that thinks that carbon fiber can be too much, but the leather helps to soften the look and make the effect work really well. I think the alcantera might be very similar and work also, but I personally would not leave the entire floor and wheel well area metal. Bob