Who is the F-Chat Florida "Moderator"??????????? | FerrariChat

Who is the F-Chat Florida "Moderator"???????????

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ILuv4Res, May 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Who is the F-chat Moderator for the Florida section now??? Last I saw, Martin is a Consultant, and now I see that Paulie is also a Consultant.............. What's up???

2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I think it is both Paulie_b and DMstuff.
    Martin is not one anymore.
    Hit the ! button on one of the posts you don't like and the appropriate mod should follow up with you.
    :D
    BT

3. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    #3 Sloan83qv, May 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Moderators are listed at bottom right of thread titles (main page for FL)

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That's a stretch maybe?

What I said to you was something like, "Why not stop complaining about the moderation and help out instead. Drop Rob a note and volunteer to be a moderator, he's always looking for help." You said, "Nah, no thanks, I'm too busy." or words to that affect.

Maybe one or two of you guys could drop Rob a PM offering to help with the moderating here.

As to who is a moderator in here, guess what. It's me. I'd really rather it was one of you guys, so why not drop Rob a PM and offer up your services.

Dave M

6. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    the FL section has 3 moderators including myself. IMO, that should be enough.

7. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

1,000,000,000% AGREE!!!

You ARE enough, pretty much all by yourself. :D

Dave

8. Fiorano1

Fiorano1 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    Coral Springs, FL
    Full Name:
    Haywood Jabloemi
    Sloan,

You are more of a modulator rather than a moderator......

9. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Why does your tag now say "Consultant" instead of "Moderator" like it previously did?

10. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    not sure, although I am still a Moderator.

11. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.

Dave,

Seems you have a problem with the truth but I learned years ago to save all e-mails (and yes also sent in a PM as well).

I DID NOT RESPOND TO YOUR MESSAGE IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.....I IGNORED YOU!!!!

Would you care to correct yourself?

Nothing worse then someone with authority that lies! This is exactly why I have a problem with you.
    Maybe you sould take a 3 day holiday for that.

HERE'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID:

April 7, 2008

dm_n_stuff
    F1 World Champ
    Sponsor / Moderator Join Date: Dec 2003
    Full Name: Dave M.

ok, enough already. Declare a cease fire?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul.

All other BS aside, we're looking for some additional moderators for the FL forum. Interested? If not, can you give me some suggestions for who might be good at it, and willing?

Dave M.

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ok, you opened this can of worms, I'm gonna close it.

Why didin't you respond? Do you have a problem with authority? Can you only complain and not lend a hand? Typical of a **** stirrer to be all set to jump up and down screaming "LOOK AT ME" but totally unwilling to make a positive contribution to the forum you claim you love so much.

All this proves is you are what you are.

And as I stated, I asked you if you were interested. No response, seems to me, is the same as saying, "No thanks, not interested."

If I get 200 PMs a week, pardon me for not recalling exactly what you did, or din't say while fully understanding the meaning of your non response.

Oh, and three day ban for posting a PM, which I did advise you was PRIVATE, in a thread.

Dave

13. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Neither am I as what could you be a consultant on with regards to FC?
    Oh I know.....car covers.

14. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    So far everything you have said with regards to me in this thread has been proven to be a lie.

Prove that you said it was Private in a thread you can't.

It was an e-mail

So you can lie about what you sad as well as my response and when I prove you wrong you ban be?

This is what you stated in your post and and it is all BS.

You stated I responded in your post now you are changing your story .....which is it Mr. Moderator???

I claimed I love this forum????
    Are you completely out of your mind ...... you just keep making stuff up as you go along:

Please resign and get some help!

15. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Coming off a long vacation on Fchat and my first thread I open....makes we go right back.

Dave:
    I told you this back in the days at the moderator section. Apparently it had no fruits so here it is public:

You trade wits with someone and you lose. When it happenes you ban them for some BS to make you feel empowered again. That is 3rd grade behavior. I told you a long time ago to stop getting into arguments and then you, yourself banning someone. At least ask another moderator to do it for you.

That said:
    YOU opened the discussion about what was said by starting with the first argument, accusing aother user of something that he did not do in the first place. So not just that you "recall" the wrong things from those 'private' messages you exchanged, you then want to ban him for showing you in the same context that you were wrong and he never said anything to that regard.
    If you do not see where that is WRONG, then you certainly should not be a moderator that uses his judgement (or for better word, lack thereof).

In legal terms it is known as "opening the door" under examination. Once you opened the door by recalling what he has supposedly said to you in those private PMs you were the one who opened the door. You cannot close it when you want to. Same rules apply to both parties.

As to moderators:

A year and a half ago, when I had asked to be replaced as a moderator, clearly stating to Rob that I think no moderator should stay longer than a couple of years otherwise the forum gets dull (sorry Paulie, I had included you in that as well :) ) I suggested several people. Unfortunately before we could make the switch Ron got into the accident and was out of commission for a long time and has since realized there is more to life than Fchat. I also suggested Bill Tracy who I think would make an excellent moderator.
    In a strage way, but Paul Sloan would actually make a good moderator as well. (I cannot believe I said that, next thing you know I vote for Bush III :D)

16. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I could be a moderator, but I am occasionally out of the office for about a week at a time and unavailable (about 7-8 times per year, plus a four week vacation in the summer). I am sure a few more people would think I am a jerk, but I think I could help people get along, and understand the proper forum decorum!
    :)
    BT

17. RoadRacer

RoadRacer Formula Junior

May 7, 2006
    SoCal / SoFla
    Full Name:
    Griff W
    ..heh heh... forum decorum? Sounds more like an oxymoron :)

18. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Duh. Another great contribution.

19. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Oxymorons aside, all affable alliterations appear as any allusionary axiom would.
    :D
    BT

20. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Thanks for the help Martin.

A source of sound advice for me in my hour of need.

DM

21. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    f'k............this was just a simple question..................... How does sh*t like this get so out of hand????

JUST REMEMBER............................

:)

22. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Sloan is now called a "Banned User". Sorry it took so long. LOL

23. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    I nominate Sloan and Fred.

Scottie

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

It got out of hand simply because you asked a reasonable question, which got a couple of unreasonable responses. It escalated from there.

Tends to do that sometimes.

Dave

25. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Poo gets flung far and wide....
    Then it hits the fan.
    Another simple question: