Help adjusting headlight assembly - 308 QV | FerrariChat

Help adjusting headlight assembly - 308 QV

Discussion in '308/328' started by davebuchner, May 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    I have tried searching but cant seem to get a definitive answer. The top of my Qv's right hand headlight is flush with the bodywork when closed, but when the light assembly is lifted, the bottom lip is still an inch or so below the bodywork. I assume it should be level with the bodywork as on my LHS one. How to adjust this? I have tried adjusting the lifting arm on the side but that lifts the light in the closed position. I have tried adjusting the two bolts which lie horizontally, just below the louvre - nothing.

Is there another bolt somewhere? I guess I am trying to increase the arc that the light swings through when lifting.

Thanks.

2. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Yep, you have to adjust the bolt on the headlight assembly that the lifting arm is attached to. It was a trial and error thing with me when I reinstalled the lights on my 328. One light went back perfectly, no adjustment needed. The other was doing exactly as yours. When I tried dialing up the lift with the lifting arm, it would open too far or little on the open and closed settings. It took about 10 or so blind guess adjustments of where the lifter arm attaches to get it right. THAT'S the point that determines the amount of degrees the headlight assembly will move through from closed to open.

3. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Thanks very much - I will try adjusting that arm again this evening.

dave