college guys: how are finals going? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

college guys: how are finals going?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by rollsorferrari?, Dec 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    i jsut took a midterm for my finance class -- got a 71, and i studied pretty hard for it -- the teacher is a bit of a hardass and grades very unfairly. The highest was an 83 :/

this finance class and my global strategic mgmt class are the last 2 obstacles that stand between me and my MBA :p

2. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i've got my first one here in about an hour, i'm sitting in class right now, waiting for our time period to start. i quizzed myself once i got up this morning (she gave us a study guide with everything that might be on the test) and got a 100, so it should be a breeze once the test starts, knock on wood. now my finals on wednesday and thursday? that's another story.

3. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i aced the one this morning (intro to non western theatre) but my stats and macro final will be killing me for the next few days...

4. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Good luck to everyone! Energy drinks are all in my tummy.

5. dhuang

dhuang Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    Houston / Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Rofl. I didn't know there were THAT many college students on Fchat.

Anyways, I'm done here -- most of my Texas buddies don't finish till this week.

What an asian! :D
    I wish I could have gotten those grades!

6. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I just finished my last exam. This year went by really fast.

7. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    I just got the damn flu and cant study for crap. My marketing final is not looking good.

8. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    I've got Public Finance on Thursday, which I'm totally screwed for (have a paper due tomorrow = not a lot of time to study).

And then I've got Language Change on Monday. Downside: day after my birthday. Upside: Last college final EVER!

9. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    ouch, i just got over the flu a few weeks back, i had a test on the tail end of it, and let's just say i've done a lot better on tests before.
    i've got my stats final tomorrow, thank god she sent out an email tonight saying she'll give us a formula cheat sheet for the test.

10. Skiutah

Skiutah Karting

Jan 31, 2006
    Park City / DC
    Full Name:
    Matthew Ainsley
    3 hour calculus final tonight, then I'm free!

11. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i've got a macro final that starts in about 2 and a half hours, and then I'M DONE! i can't wait!

12. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i didn't do great on the stats final i had yesterday, nor did i do terrible, i'm at least in the "C" range, which was important for my grade, so, whew, only 1 more semester of math and then i will never have to take another class like that again, anyone else realize that 95% of the math that you learn in college, you will more than likely never use in real life?

13. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Yeah, kids argued that in High school all the time, it really is unimportant, they should be teaching courses like in my high school that taught the necessary stuff, like balancing a check book, and paying bills. It's pretty much the same in college. I also got a C in Math, I am a horrible test taker, so I struggled getting the easy stuff started, and then I worked my way into the problems. I realized I should start from the back to the front, because thats mostly all the recent stuff.

14. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    it's a great feeling when you're leaving campus knowing you've got 3 months off...
    i'm done, and 1 of my classes, my stats class, posted grades up, i don't know how i managed a B in that class, but i'll take it! :)

15. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I can't believe how well I did last semester. Even with my crappy Accounting class it was one of my best semesters yet. I can't believe that I already have 79.5 credits, only 38 more to go and I'll be done next year.

16. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i wish i could say the same, i'm still on the 7 year plan, :(

17. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    haha...Lucky. I got my organizational business on monday and a sociology final on Tues then im done, but have to be back on campus late July. Football Camp!!!!! :D

18. iLikeTelevision

iLikeTelevision Karting

Apr 12, 2008
    Antartica
    Full Name:
    John
    Done!!!!! got home yesterday. I think i'll take a month off then work for two months.

19. Ducky355

Ducky355 Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Oaks, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'll chime in... this has been a different semester of sorts.

The end of my 2nd year of law school (but really like 1.5). I am an ED student, so I work full time and go to school essentially.. full time.

4 classes:
    Business Orgs - take home final which took a solid 1.5 weeks
    Admin Law - Sit down that kicked my ass as usual
    Con Law II (First Amendment Law) - Optional sit down, but I am in the midst of writing a 20 page brief on www.juicycampus.com.
    Legal Methods III - Brief in support of summary judgement I finished and handed in 4 weeks ago.

It has been a nice change of pace having only one sit down compared to 3-4. I prefer to write/ take home where I can spend my own time working on them. Working full time allows me to use my time more efficiently, provided that I don't procrastinate (which I don't.)

Bus Orgs and Con Law II are to be handed in Wednesday.

Next semester (3 ED) - 10 credits.
    Criminal Procedure
    Evidence
    Professional Responsibility

With only two years left I decided to leave my cush financial analyst position to enter into the legal world. I secured a summer clerkship at a small bankruptcy firm in Delaware. Unfortunately it is going to be a hectic summer.

20. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    3:36am. 4 more hours until my final...got an A+ on one of my final papers. :D

21. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Schaweet done with all four of my finals, now I'm going to start drinking and look forward to a few weeks break before summer school!

22. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    1 more tomorrow! Another all nighter.:D

23. SteveBalance

SteveBalance Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I still have a good 15 days until mine.

24. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wow. I've been done with finals for 3 weeks now, done with classes for close to 5 weeks

25. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    +1, Except, make that 2 weeks + 3 days, and 3 weeks done with classes.