SEMA Tickets | FerrariChat

SEMA Tickets

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 90TR, May 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 90TR

90TR Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2005
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Any suggestions for getting tickets to the SEMA show this November?

2. Thorpiticus

Thorpiticus Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    John
    All major automotive publications get passes, so try contacting a bunch of them and see if you can get one.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You can go Online and register in advance. If you do it before mid Oct, it's 15 bucks if you're a buyer and 25 for a non- buyer. But, you need a business card of some business that in some way relates to the car industry when you check in to get your badge. You need a photo ID and this "buisiness" card.

I've gone about 10 times and it's packed full the first day. It's the second largest show in Vegas after CES so it takes a couple of days to see everything if you really wanted to. If your just breazing through to see what's going on, then a full day is necessary. It's pretty well organized into groups -- hi performance aftermarket, car stereo, racing, wheels (there's one giant building just for these), auto repair, etc.

I suggest booking a hotel early as is the town pretty much fills up. The last day is the least busiest if you want to avoid the crowds. At the peak times, getting a taxi from the convention center can take over an hour of standing in a cue. They have an excellent series of buses that go to the different hotels (it's free) but it's not fast. Also, you have to go over to the Sands from the Convention center because part of the show is there. There's a shuttle bus for that too but again, it's packed with people.

Here is the Sema website.

http://www.semashow.com/main/main.aspx?id=70098

4. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    Wear good shoes.

5. the head

the head Karting

Mar 6, 2008
    Des Moines IA
    Full Name:
    J. Hedden
    Bdelp
    As of last year they are also asking for a copy of your business Lic or Fed Tax ID form, SEMA is quite efficient at keeping it as industry as possible they dont want to end up like CES.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

You may be correct on that. Because I have been on their lists for so long, they didn't ask me -- just the card and ID. I think the website has all the information. But, if I remember correctly, sometimes the little old ladies that run the badge pick up can be talked into overlooking this because a lot of people forget things. It's a big help to have already sent in your registration form and $15 bucks. If you show up the day of the show to register, I think it's more difficult to "prove" you're part of the industry. They want to keep out any casual visitors to LV that just want to drop by.

If I remember, even when you walk in the front with a badge, a guard asks you for ID. So, just borrowing someone elses may or may not get you in.

There's not a lot of "exotic" stuff going on at this show. If you're interested in seeing a lot of Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc., this is not your kind of show. There's a ton of stuff trucks, SUV's, hot rods, Asian compact cars, Mustang upgrades, car stereo, nav systems, tires and wheels, suspension upgrades etc. There are some pretty good displays of Ford, Chevy, and Chrysler cars from the manufactorers. There are a lot of interesting women signing posters though...

Also, Michelin usually brings over some amazing exotics for their booth -- Bugatti, Enzo, a Renault F-1 car, Mercedes SLR, etc. But, you can't get too close to them.

One of the best displays is the "what's new" area. In about 20 minutes, you can see and get information on some of the best new products without running all over.

I did see something pretty cool about 3 years ago. Ford took a Ford GT and literally cut it in half. Then, you would walk through the center of the car and see every part in section, right down to the car stereo. That was really cool. I'm sure they've sent this to other events since.

Anyway, thanks for pointing it about the business license thing. The surest way is to check with Sema directly.

7. 90TR

90TR Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2005
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks everyone. I am going to give it a try using my brother's company information.

Regards,
    Bill

8. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    I can guarantee you right now that this won't work.

9. AP2TUDE

AP2TUDE Karting

Apr 7, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Edwards
    Actually it probably will.

It isn't as hard to get into as everyone seems to think that it is.

If you have problems just shoot me a PM, I can include you on my company list. There are numerous detailers here on the forum, most of whom go to SEMA. Not to mention a great deal of sponsors, mechanics, etc. Any of them that you know on a personal level should be able to include you and get you in easily.

10. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Specifically, I was referring to contacting random auto publications. I stand by my opinion that that will not work. If you know people in the industry (ie. detailers, etc) as you mention, they may be able to get you a pass. That would be a better route to take.

11. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    I've already got my air and hotel booked, this will be my fourth time going !!!!