Your expertise please on F430 Cabrio! | FerrariChat

Your expertise please on F430 Cabrio!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Swiss Frank, May 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Swiss Frank

Swiss Frank Karting

May 6, 2008
    Hong Kong
    I've just had a late-summer build offered to me. Until I got it I hadn't really considered buying a 430 at all. So, I'm in the odd spot of having to decide whether to take it, and if so what transmission, within a couple days, but haven't had time to really trawl the archives or find colleagues with the right cars to test-passenger.

1) Anyone driven both the GT-R and the current 430 F1 and have any practical comparison of trannies? Esp. parallel parking, commuting speed, track day?

2) Anyone driven both the F430 Spider and the 90's "sportroof" Supra? My old Supra would do a little shudder when the roof was off and it didn't like the road. Evo Magazine reported something that sounded similar in the 430 Spider. Its not a deal-breaker, but I'm just curious what I'd be getting into.

2. Donie

Donie Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Spain/Ireland
    I can't speak about the F430, but since I don't notice any 'scuttle shake' in the 360 Spider I would assume that the 430 is the same or better.

3. Rubino

Rubino Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    Charlotte Area
    Full Name:
    Bob Curtis
    All of a sudden I'm very Green :)

A chance to spec your own build is quite special without a wait.

I'll probabably be shopping on the new/used "somebody, else's choice" by late summer if all goes well.

My Search:
    Color: Rosso Fiorano, F430 F1 Spider W/ Sabbia leather , Black Carpets and dash, Full carbon pkg, seats etc...etc.

Best of luck with the choices, but IMHO, if you have the chance to make it yours, avoid the Red/Tan combo. Try something a bit more unique. There are many color choices that look great on a Spider.

Cheers.

4. furious_ferrari

furious_ferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Tour De France and Cream interior. F1 Transmission. Full carbon package. CC brakes. Shields. Yellow Tach and calipers. Tan top. Done.

5. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    +1

This would be a nearly perfect car. I'd only add ball-polished wheels... either standard or perhaps Challenge style.

If you're not familiar with "Tour De France" or TDF (as it's often called)... it's the most beautiful deep blue color.

Good luck.

Frank

6. KINGS POWER

KINGS POWER Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    King
    Having driven and worked on 348, 355, 360, 430 Spyders, as well as owning a 1993 1/2 Supra Sport Roof and a 360 M hardtop, I can tell you that the "cow shake" present in the Supra is not bad at all, but this is not present in any of the F-Cars, so I would not be concerned at all.