Interesting Comments From Dealer | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Interesting Comments From Dealer

Discussion in '360/430' started by jeff, May 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    what a great line!

the lease and finance buyer is adios which means marginal prices will fall!!

2. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yet rates to finance, by the finance companies have gone down, and and they are offering more incentives to buyers...Though marginal credit or debt-to-income have been harder to get bought..but there is no shortage of buyers looking to take advatage of the lower rates....I spoke to one of my lenders a few weeks ago, and they are financing more cars now then the sametime last year...

3. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    FACT; Bentley & Porsche Sales are something like 50% YOY vs 2007, no need to wonder why Ferrari prices are also weak, just about everybody is getting f*ked financially, have you read the press ???

4. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Here you are calling people names and yet asking for others to use "reasonable etiquette". Priceless! Is there a mirror in your house 'cuz you need to take a look at it.

Chris, two things:

1. I hope you're right about the 430 market. I have an '08 Spider, and therefore I have a motive to hope you are right and the dealer Jeff spoke with is wrong.

2. I am sure you are super picky. No one has ever said anything but positive things about your dealership. If I was in the market for a pre-owned exotic I would buy a car from you sight unseen. I spoke with you a year or two ago and you obviously know cars, but I wonder if you are correct about the market given that not as many cars run through your dealership? That's my point. (But, again, I hope you're right and the dealer is wrong!)

:)

5. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Having purchased several new Ferrari's while turning in older ones from the same dealer, I think was is being missed here is the premium that is built into the resale price of the 430 for the privilege of getting either a Scud, 149 or 142 in the future. A soft market may be for those that only wish to buy a used 430 and not concern themselves with future models. Most buyers want the future models and therefore they understand there is a premium to be paid to have that opportunity.

As a present owner of a 430 Spider and getting a 149, I have no fear about the market price of my 430 Spider when I turn it in. It will be like always quite good.:)

6. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    +1

I can personally attest to this!

7. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris

Thank you for your kind words!

I guess when I look at the market we are only looking at the pre-owned cars, the calls we get and what I see trading on the wholesale networks..I am funny, I am like a OCD person who hords, only I hord database information...I am small...information and good clean cars are all I have! The risk of me not knowing my cars or market could divasting to my dealership! I have had some close calls though..but I came out right on the 360 spider market...

8. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA

Having said that, are you STAYING in the 360 spider market? ;)

9. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris

YES, If I can find them with same pedigree as my last car..I have no choice but stay in the 360 spider market..I sell only lamborghini and Ferrari...and soon I will have more of both!

10. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat

Considering that I was merely defending a well respected and knowledgeable Fchatter, I think I used marvelous etiquette. I think a better demonstration of morose etiquette was when you embarked on insulting the skillfulness and expertise of an actual dealer that sticks his neck out on this forum to help us all. And you insult his livelihood. THAT’S PRICELESS!

But to rationalize your “Mirror” comment, I’ll give you this analogy to consider about the words I chose: It’s like not believing in violence, but having to spank an out-of-control child.

I didn’t direct my comments at anyone specifically, so I am disappointed to be now caught in this discourse. But I wish you good health and safe fun in your 430. I see you too are in the Midwest and I am sure our paths will cross again. And maybe you’ll be leaning on the gentleman from Premier for advice someday. He’s a asset to have here on our forums.

11. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    LOL! You must write the book The Ferrari Chat Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior. From you the "cocky jerks" can learn all about "Reasonable Etiquette", "Marvelous Etiquette", and even for the depressed, angry and sullen cocky jerks, we can learn about "Morose Etiquette" too! You're too much man. :D

A new economic theory which is bound to turn The Wealth of Nations on its ear! Even assuming every 430 owner is a "cocky jerk", you don't really believe this is the reason for the softening market, do you?

12. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    I don't really want to get in the middle of this, but man....you guys need to mellow out!!

13. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I wondering when dealers became purveyors of truth and light? These are auto dealers we are discussing, right?
    When did you ever hear the absolute truth from a car dealer? I don't really care care whether they sell Ferraris or Volkswagens, their tendency is to obfuscate and always tell you the 'Truth" that serves them best.
    I'm sure that some dealers are hurting but here's a truth I know very well - whenever I'm selling a car the dealer's take on the market is awful but if I'm looking to buy (even the same car I'm offering for sale), it's amazing how much demand there is out there making it difficult for the dealer to get me anything resembling a good deal. Somewhere in the middle lies the real truth, but the truth is that the dealer will never tell you the truth.

14. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    Why dont we just tar and feather all the dealers? While we're at it, lets tar and feather all of their customers too.

-Peter Oh

15. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Now that is the truth

16. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Please tell me which dealer in SoCal has 430's for MSRP. I might just pick one up!

17. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    for some leverage is a path to wealth...

18. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    In today's world, it's probably the path to bankruptcy.

Art

19. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    perhaps for the greedy