In Need of Ball Polished Rim | FerrariChat

In Need of Ball Polished Rim

Discussion in '360/430' started by Way2fast, May 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I hit a pothole on Hwy 101 South today about 10 miles North of Ventura. I bent the rim and put a hernia in the sidewall of the PS2 tire. I left the car at the Auto Gallery and they will see if their service dept. has a rim and tire. In case they do not have one, does anyone have one that they would want to sell (someone that has put larger rims on). I want to go on the Vegas run next weekend and I am worried they will have to order the rim from Italy. After calling several dealers (including tirerack.com) the tires are on backorder with no deliverey scheduled. Thanks for any help or ideas anyone might have to get me moving again.

2. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

3. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    Sam, If you have interest in wheel repair call up Ethan Rogowski ( Mobile Wheel Repair Co.) really cool guy. Used him for rim rash on my Porsche a few weeks back and I noticed he had F430 Challenge wheels in his car, he had just picked them up from a customer in Beverly Hills who was driving back from Vegas and bent them bad, he said he does complete repair and refinish at his shop on all wheels. Honest and nice guy, his mobile number is
    323-422-3336. Best of luck

4. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam

Thank you, I just left him a message

5. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    Let him know Anthony with the 360 & Cayenne GTS referred you.........Thanks

6. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Guys:

I hit the exact same pot hole on the way back from the Santa Barbara drive last Sunday. I also blew out the side wall of my tire, but luckily didn't bend the wheel. What's interesting is that I have to stress cracks in the spokes of the wheel were it hit. They look cosmetic, but I'm not sure how to determine if the wheel has been compromised. I had it spun and balanced without an issue, so do I worry about the wheel or not????

Ironically, Sam (Way2fast) was on his way to visit me when hit hit the same pot hole. How crazy is that. I should of warned everybody. My Bad!!

7. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    Maybe one of you guys should just pour a bucket of quickrete in there and call it a day...
    You could have paved the whole city by now with all the money going towards wheels and tires!!!