The Run for the Injured Marines 300 EXOTIC CARS FROM LOS ANGELES TO CAMP PENDLETON | FerrariChat

The Run for the Injured Marines 300 EXOTIC CARS FROM LOS ANGELES TO CAMP PENDLETON

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by BIG_DJE, May 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #1 BIG_DJE, May 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I want to help my friend OBI spread the word for his upcoming run. He is putting this run on with his own time and money. This is not a AutoGallery even but they may help sponser it. My company is also a sponser in the event.

Our United States Marines do so much for us. What a great way to donate some of our money and time. These guys come back home after battle with loss legs and arms. This is way to help them out by Imaking a small Donation to INJURED MARINE SEMPER FI FUND

Here is the link to sign up.

http://www.obiukwu.com/contact_form/view.php?id=1

obiukwu.com presents
    The Run for the Injured Marines
    300 EXOTIC CARS FROM LOS ANGELES TO CAMP PENDLETON
    “The Rally For The Few & The Proud”
    For all the details visit www.obiukwu.com

The Mission is to gather a group of exotic cars
    (Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Bentley
    & Bugatti) to rally from the Los Angeles area to the San Diego area
    and meet at the largest Marine Corps Base in the world - Camp
    Pendleton in Oceanside, CA to Honor the Injured Marines. This epic
    event will be filmed on HD and highlight the cars, the owners,
    our sponsors, the CHP and the MARINES.

STAGE 1: CALABASAS CA 07:00 HOURS
    300 CARS will converge in the city of Calabasas at The AUTO GALLERY
    FERRARI / MASERATI SHOWROOM. All drivers will sign in with breakfast
    being served. We will Depart at 08:15 Hours. From the 101 freeway we will make our way to the 405 South to Camp Pendleton.

STAGE 2: CAMP PENDLETON OCEANSIDE CA 11:15 HOURS
    Main destination where we will have food, music, and an Exotic
    Car Show of more than 300 cars and their owners. The special
    Guest will be The “Injured Marines”. Guest speakers including
    “Brad Garrett,” from “EveryBody Loves Raymond” and some injured
    Marines speaking about their experiences. Departure will be at 14:30 hrs.

STAGE 3: Afterterter Partartarty atat thethethe Hardardard Rocock
    Hotelotelotel Downtontown Sanan Diegoiegoiegoiego, CA 20:30 HOURS
    After the festivities at Camp Pendleton, a limited number of guests will
    proceed to San Diego and check into our respective hotels for cocktails
    and an AFTER-PARTY later that evening to be held at The Hard Rock Hotel.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
    In case some of you dont know what the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund is here are some details.

About
    The Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund
    When a Marine or Sailor, or other service member assigned to Marine forces is injured, their entire family shares the pain and the burden of recovery.

The Need
    When a Marine or Sailor, or other service member assigned to Marine forces is injured, their entire family shares the pain and the burden of recovery. Normal life is put on hold as loved ones travel great distances, at a moment’s notice, to be at the bedside, often for weeks or months. Recovery from major catastrophic injuries may take our service members several years to recover. The family members take leave from their jobs, often without pay, and incur additional expenses for child-care, lodging, travel, and other necessities. Few families are prepared for the expenses they face. They need help, and they need it quickly. The Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund was created to meet this need.

Our Mission
    If the mother of a wounded Marine needs help with travel expenses to be with her son or daughter, the Semper Fi Fund is there. If the wife of an injured Navy Corpsman falls temporarily behind on a mortgage payment because she left work to be with her husband in the hospital, the Semper Fi Fund is there. If a wounded Marine who has lost his sight from combat needs a special magnifier, or special computer, the Semper Fi Fund is there. Whatever the legitimate need, the Semper Fi Fund is ready to help. “Semper Fi” means “always faithful,” and that is our pledge to the heroic Marines, Sailors, and other service members assigned to Marine forces who are injured in the line of duty or face life threatening illness while protecting our Nation.

The Fund
    The Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund was established in May 2004. A nurse at the Camp Pendleton Naval Hospital, whose husband was deployed to Iraq, saw first hand the needs of those returning from battle. She brought together a group of Marine Corps spouses with diverse backgrounds to implement a plan to provide financial grants to injured Marines, Sailors, and service members injured while assigned to Marine forces, and their families during their difficult road to recovery. A Governing Board of retired Generals and Officers, Senior Enlisted Marines, and others with professional backgrounds was added to help the Fund develop into a nationwide program. The Fund works closely with the Marine Corps, the Navy, and military hospitals nationwide to identify and assess the needs of specific families. And, we need your help to keep this noble mission moving forward. The Fund depends on the generosity and compassion of people from all walks of life to join our quest of “serving those who preserve our freedom.”

3. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    sounds like an awesome event. :D

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

What a great cause.

5. Da Hapa

Da Hapa Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Dana Point, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian Asis
    Awesome idea.

Our 2008 911 Carrera S does not fit the parameter for being included in this exotic car run but my wife and I would still like to donate. Is there someone we can/should contact?

6. SKXF430

SKXF430 Karting

Oct 19, 2004
    W. Los Angeles
    bump for a good cause.

7. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Did you get my PM?

8. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    What cars do you have coming so far, I may want to come.

9. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This is not my run. Only heping OBI. You will have to contact him for that info.

RALLY INFO: Contact Obi Okeke at 818-648-6100 / [email protected] OR Kristin Ko 626-388-8809 / [email protected]

10. Jeff SD

Jeff SD Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    San Diego
    Count me in! I'm always happy to support our soldiers.

11. ELIM

ELIM Formula 3

Apr 29, 2005
    OC, CA
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    What a cause...time to round up some Orange County cars!

12. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
    There is a OC Meet that will join the Auto Gallery run.

The meeting place in IRVINE is 2991 Michelson Dr. ( Parking Lot of Houston's Rest ) The CROSS STREET IS JAMBOREE *
    Must be there no later then 8:45AM to register.

http://www.obiukwu.com/contact_form/view.php?id=1

13. FIGSTR

FIGSTR Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Reedley
    Full Name:
    The Figster
    ill be there

14. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C
    Every car MUST register, whether starting out in Calabasas or Orange County. Here is the link:

http://obiukwu.com/carreview.php?id=9

$125.00 per car (which goes to the injured Marines) plus $95.00 per person (which covers costs including lunch).

Also, most of us are going to San Diego for the after party Saturday night. Contact me about hotel rooms.

15. HWJunkie

HWJunkie Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Oak Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc Simon
    Maybe someone should clarify that... I don't see why you wouldn't be able to drive the Porsche. In fact, if I do go, i'm not going to take the Lambo and would take by Carrera S, so if we can get a ruling on this that would be great.

16. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C
    I just spoke to the event co-ordinator and it is ok to bring a 911. Just go to the link in my above post, register and put in the make, model and year of your car. Furthermore, if anyone has any questions, please either PM me or ask on this thread.

17. krayziemarine

krayziemarine Rookie

May 12, 2008
    What about Marines that have an exotic car and would like to participate in the drive. Are they also required to register and pay the entry fees?

18. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    The FDC will be supporting this event and its cause. Looking forward to the drive!
    Byron

19. UFO4TWO

UFO4TWO Rookie

Sep 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    my father is going to be in town and we are going to take the enzo and 2 other cars. i know this a great cause im sure it will be an awesome turnout. its going to be great with all those cars and seeing the happiness we bring to the marines.

20. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
  21. aaranzabal

aaranzabal Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    im just visiting town so am i allowed to go see the cars in calabasas as a spectator as they leave for the run as long as i dont go on the run too? or is the whole entire event only for exotic car owners?

22. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yeah for sure you can go and watch.

23. Kruger

Kruger Karting

Dec 31, 2007
    Alta Loma, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    BIG QUESTION? Whats the cut off time for registration? Unlike all you real estate tycoons I have to work for it! JK, but I wont know till friday night.
    Can I pay to play online last minute?

Thanks

24. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I can get you Doctor's note and you can call in sick... lol. Come on Eric you can't miss this...

25. GeorgeWashingtonFerrari

May 30, 2008
    I am new to the community and considering attending as I believe in the cause. I visited the website associated with this event and I am curious what percentage of the money raised goes to the Marine Semper Fi Fund. Also, is there an official 501c(3) that will be handling the donated money? I searched the site and the fliers and it makes no mention of such an official Charitable Foundation with 501c(3).

If you could please supply further information, it would be very helpful. Thank you