STEBRO EXHAUST **WATCH OUT** - DO THEY EVER DELIVER ????? | FerrariChat

STEBRO EXHAUST **WATCH OUT** - DO THEY EVER DELIVER ?????

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by maxwell002, May 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maxwell002

maxwell002 Rookie

Mar 3, 2005
    Has anyone ever dealt with Stebro - I bought and paid for a manifold March 24 , 2008 and was promised it "within 3 - 4 weeks". Today is 16 May 2008 and I still dont have it. They keep promising to get back to me but they never do.

Anyone know anything about them or who to contact ???

2. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Lots of threads here on Stebro. You should have gone with a x-ost from Ricambi

3. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Just do a chargeback through your CC company and call Ricambi.

4. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    all the Stebro threads are the same....

I am still looking for the.........

"DUDE I LOVE MY STEBRO! EVERYTHING WAS AWESOME!!!" thread................

It's been 3 years.....still looking for that thread :)

5. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    SOP with those guys

always an extremely long wait

E______ X ______ T _____ R ____ E _______ M ________ E ________ L _______ Y ______ L O N G !

:)

then when you try and install it it doesn't fit right (that's the second part of the adventure)

6. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    Contact Dan at Stebro.....he's the owner.

Can I ask which car your manifold is for?

7. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    hate to be the spoiler but, "dude I love my stebro, everything has been awesome." My mechanic put mine on and so I can not attest to any delays w/ ordering but everything else has far exceeded my expectations in terms of the change in tone of the engine/exhaust in the 4,000-5,000rpm range and quality to date. It took the hyper flow/tubi combo to an accentuated level.

call me the party pooper but you asked....

8. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    you may have had a good experience.....and that's a positive

but to be honest......i hear more horror stories about them than good experiences

some guy on lambo power had the same issue(s)....and alot of guys chimed in the same as VTC just did

glad your outcome was good though

9. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I got mine in about two weeks with only minor problems with customs. Call Dan, he is a straight shooter and will do whatever he can to make it right. In my case he paid for the shipping because I had to fill out a batch of paperwork for U.S. Customs. Installation on the other hand is a bit difficult, but then again I think there are still insults floating around the garage from when I put the ANSA system on twenty years ago. Do any of the exhaust systems fit without a lot of grunting and groaning?
    J.P.

10. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Lousy customer service but mine fit great. I went with them before their ridiculous price hike so it made a big dollar difference. The other thing I really liked about Stebro was the removable inserts. Of course I took them out and haven't put them back in but that's beside the point. A lot more horror stories than good ones and with their new prices I wouldn't touch them anymore.

11. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Not my experience at all.

Kept caling about non-delevery for several MONTHS - Dan promised multiple delivery days - specific days - and the part simply did not come - he never called, nothing. After about 2 - 3 months of this he stopped answering my calls. At the six month point or so I had to reverse the charges on my credit card. Never ever heard boo from them. Nothing.

I could not have been treated more shabbily, disrespectfully, been told more un-truths and then simply ignored any worse once Stebro got their money.

If I have to go on my experience and what I see, I could not recommend Stebro to anyone.

Contrarily, even with delays, truly great folks like Francisco at Tubi, James at Norwoods, Julie at WebCam, Dan at Ricambi and Tate at Carobu are absolutely terrific with delivering customer service and a great product; very honest and true to their words with actions.

12. Maas

Maas Rookie

Jan 22, 2005
    I know the guys at stebro very well, if you have a problem with them, PM me and I will see what i can do. i will be very surprised If I can not get things moving very fast for you.

13. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Cannot believe they are still in business....Stebro SUCKS big dog di^7s!!!! Dan is a joke, the product is a joke and the customer service makes my local McDonald employees look like they really care about making me a great burger....

14. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    No offense; I guess you're just trying to help. But if I have to contact some guy who "knows the guys at Stebro" in order to get something accomplished there, that's a pretty sad statement about the company. That just helps confirm they must really be a joke to deal with.

15. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes. I installed a Tubi on my ex 308 and 348 and a xost on my TR and all bolted on with ease.

16. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I have seen these threads for years now, and I would say that the statistics (very roughly) are about as follows:

1) 25% of customers get royally screwed, and either never get anything, or have to return/exchange product multiple times over several months before they finally get fed up, and get their money back.

2) 50% of customers have one or more of the following issues: weeks or months long delays, missing parts, shipping damage, poor fit, etc. A headache, but eventually resolved, or they just "live with it". :(

3) 25% of customers appear to have what would be called a "normal" business transaction. Order product, and it arrives in a reasonable time, with all parts, no shipping damage, and proper design and fit.

In almost all cases, customers knew of the concerns, but went ahead, because of the perception they were "getting a good deal", because Stebro historically undercut the prices of many of the European aftermarket manufacturers by a good amount. That appears to no longer be the case, as they have increased their prices considerably.

If you read all the "Stebro threads" here, you will see that the feedback is about as I have represented. There are Stebro "defenders" who are the 25% who had a normal business transaction, but about 75% had a less than stellar experience...and down right ugly in some instances (Russ aka "snj5").

Sorry Maxwell002, but you might want to short circuit the headaches, and simply contact your credit card company and order elsewhere.

17. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I too purchased from Stebro.. Terrible customer service, wait time and fit. But with that said I was happy in the end., Sounded fantastic. Buy your Stebro thru Ebay. Stebro is super anal and I mean super anal about negative feedback.. Once you leave sone negative feed back Dan will be up you butt trying to mack you happy and retract negative feedback.... Its a royal pain... Once the system was put on (which I did myself) Several fitment issues. You really have to struggle to get it right. But I repeat my 90TR sounds incredible. Just alot of bullsh*t to get there.

R

18. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    I ordered off of E-bay buy it now was $2700 offered $1500 and they accepted. Car was in for major service with engine out on my 89 mondial cab t had to wait over three weeks to finally recieve it. It was shipped to my office and not to the shop but I did finally recieve it. It sounds great and I feel I got a good deal so it was worth the wait.

19. Maas

Maas Rookie

Jan 22, 2005
    You're right, they know they have problems and have hired a new guy to take care of exactly these scenarios. They know that their performance has not been very good when it comes to customer service and their trying to rectify it. There are lots of companies that are crap to deal with, stebro is working hard to fix their problems, hopefully it will work out.

20. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    All this drama for a muffler,,,,,yikes!