Ideas of an Ultimate Ferrari | FerrariChat

Ideas of an Ultimate Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Benjroth, May 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Benjroth

Benjroth Karting

Jul 24, 2007
    What are some of the public's opinions on a possable Idea of an ultimate Ferrari... what interior/exterior, engine, wheels, body style, demensions, price, etc.

BAR

2. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Well, it's hard to make it a Ferrari unless you pick from the existing list. Anything else is your own interpretation of the ultimate car - and so it's not a Ferrari. In fact, I think that's the idea behind the "hot rod."

In the old days you could specify more via coach builders, but no one (I would say ever) has done it like the P4/5. Inspired by the cars he liked, engineered to his specifications, trimmed to his exact taste, then blest by Ferrari themselves. Truly a dream car forged into reality.

3. Benjroth

Benjroth Karting

Jul 24, 2007
    My views are that designing the "perfect" car to your taste or a specific taste is almost impossable, obviously. I do a great deal of artwork in the means of cars, particularly Ferraris, and I have done enough attempts to choke a horse. I would almost call it a waste of time... some may view it as that... the reason I created this thread was to do nothing more than bring about more thoughts to the subject....

BAR

4. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Smaller in size, lighter, more nimble, V8 TT, fuel efficient, direction of Millechilli concept at 60th Anniversary Celebration. Like a modern 288 GTO

5. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    It's being designed and engineered now, although not by Ferrari. PM message sent.

6. Benjroth

Benjroth Karting

Jul 24, 2007
    By who??

7. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Ferrari should build an open wheel car and have a challenge type racing series.

Also Ferrari should have a program where they could build older cars as requested, cars like the 250TR, 250GTO, P4, etc...

8. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    How about all ultra stiff aluminum mono-chassis, aluminum suspension, all aluminum dry sump motor, 500+ hp, very low seating and low center of gravity, 200+ mph, glass body with gorgeous shape, curb weight 2400 complete with fluids?

This is definitely being done, but not yet by Ferrari :)

9. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I got the 917 itch, but I know your soon to have toy and I wont tell.

10. erzulis boat

erzulis boat Rookie

May 16, 2008
    Santa Barbara Calif.
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.
    288 GTO

First post, but I could not resist.

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    <Harry Caray><gravelly voice>Well, it's <slurring>ursuris boat's</slurring> first post and lemme tell y- - here comes the pitch - he's swingin' and... It might be . . . it could be . . . it IS! A home run! Holy cow!</gravelly voice></Harry Caray>

12. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    Show us your work!

13. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Carbon Firbre for sure.
    V-12 as this is Ferrari's legacy.
    Light weight.
    Central driving position.
    Unlimited ground effects and movable aerodynamics.
    Hey; Its a Mclaren F1.

14. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Seriously.
    This is Ferrari's opportunity to show an increasingly environmentally conscious world a high efficiency, not just horsepower, vehicle.
    Any pinhead can engineer horsepower given no fuel burn limits.
    Lead the way Ferrari.

15. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    288 GTO and F40

16. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    3L V8 turbo that revs to 10k with a flat plane crank. Let's say 400 clean horses, 30 mpg highway.

Chains or gears for the cam drive, routine maintenance no worse than your neighbors Lexus.

Dual Clutch 7-speed gearbox. License it from Audi if you have to.

True all-wheel drive, that can split torque based on conditions and driver preference.

Stabilty control, launch control, ABS, the works...but could also be turned off by the driver.

Composite brakes that last basically the life of the car.

Aluminum and carbon/fiber chassis and body. Two basic body styles available: somewhat understated and complete racer-boy.

Active aerodynamics and suspension.

Retractable hardtop.

Active exhaust that is quiet when it needs to be and loud when it needs to be too.

Two-seater roomy enough for healthy Americans raised on Super Size meals.

Target weight, 2500 lbs.

17. js430

js430 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jerry Kahane
    Agree with everything except for catering to supersized Americans--surely not?

18. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Good choice of car. I think the 288gto is the most beautiful car ever.

19. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    At the moment ,Scuderia is the ultimate Ferrari for me.
    Come to think of it, the ultimate sports/GT/everything car for me right now....

20. Benjroth

Benjroth Karting

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm liking this... but I do agree with js430 though..:/

21. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    V 12 is all I need to know.

22. Benjroth

Benjroth Karting

Jul 24, 2007
    #22 Benjroth, May 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    First one is a closed cockpit SP... this is as close as i've gotten. It looks much better in person, but my scanner sucks... Second one is an Aston Vanquish... done a long time ago, as you can see by the "handwriting"...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    I really hope not. F50 and Enzo should mark the high water mark of the large size cars needed for a V12. Future is smaller, more efficient, more nimble. Ferrari have been very clear that they will not get caught up in hp wars. Millechilli concept car was star of 60th at Maranello in my view

24. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Put a Ferrari badge on the Pininfarina Maserati Birdcage 75th and call it a day. That car is so beautiful it almost made me weep when I saw it in flesh. Luckily it was badged as a Maserati or I would have totally lost myself.

25. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006

Lexus-like maintenance, AWD, retractable hardtop, Ferrari super car? Seriously, I don't think so.