Aston Martins | FerrariChat

Aston Martins

Discussion in 'British' started by BlahBlah221, May 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlahBlah221

BlahBlah221 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Hey everyone, I have a quick question about Aston Martins, I know there is a Forum for the Owners, but I dont want to bother with registering and what not. So, here it goes....

When it comes to DB9s and V8 Vantages, has anyone had any experience with both? My Dad prefers the car, but neither he or I can decide which we like better. Within the next few years, he will get one. Which is better in your opinion? I know one is v8 and one is v12, but which has a nicer ride, etc. I see that V8 vantages depreciate like crazy, and DB9s are not alot better. But with a V8 Vantage, the 0-60 times is in the range of G35s. Just curious on what you think of the two. Or if there is a better car you recommend, looking for more luxury than speed. Thanks in Advance.

-Jake

2. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    I had been looking at the Vantages ( 06-08) for the last 6 months. When I first started looking, the 06s were $110-118. I also looked at the Bentley Continental which were also in that range. Drove them both, and the Bentley won in all categories. I started noticing the AM prices coming down and Bentleys also, but not as much. Now you can find a Vantage 1-2 years ols in th 80 range. Great car for the money, just seem a little small to me. I do love the lines of the Vantage, but wound up with the Bentley.

3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    V
    A
    N
    Q
    U
    I
    S
    H
    !

4. js430

js430 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jerry Kahane
    BMW 6-series if you want value.

Or Vanquish.

5. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Maybe true but the 6 is UGLY, the AM's are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

Scary part is the 6 is the best looking car BMW is making today... Bangle screwed them over BAD!

YMMV!
    James

6. BlahBlah221

Apr 4, 2007
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Only problem with the vanquish is that its more sport than comfort, thats not what he wants. i was thinking, what about something we could take the whole family in? I was looking at Q-Portes on Ebay, and there are a lot. Are they great cars? He has a 2002 S500, or maybe you guys have some ideas about "reasonably" priced 4 doors that are stilll awesome? Q-porte, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, etc.... Or maybe a Gran Turismo? 2 Doors 4 seats?

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

How old are you?

Threads that start with " my dad", never look very serious to me.

They are often started by kids that dream just looking at car brochures...

8. BlahBlah221

Apr 4, 2007
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jake
    I am serious, and that fact that you question that makes me curious as to why you care. Yes, I am young, but that shouldn't matter. And I'm helping my Dad learn more about these vehicles, I appologize that he isnt very good with the internet and I am helping him.... I just thought I could get some "nice" advice, like the other gentlemen gave me.