(Denver) Ferrari Spotters!!!! | Page 60 | FerrariChat

(Denver) Ferrari Spotters!!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Uberpower, Jul 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I've seen two different Maybachs in the last three weeks alone! One of them was a deep burgandy color with some sort of taste-less blinged out wheels, the other one was a two-tone navy blue over powder blue, blacked out windows with the base model wheels...it was very unassuming.

2. Matt550

Matt550 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Littleton Colorado
    Full Name:
    Matt M.
    White Audi R8 in Lone Tree this afternoon. Looked Amazing....

3. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Maybe they're not such a failure after all? The one I saw had an Mercedes of Westminster frame, which makes sense because that dealership (formerly Glauser) is absolutely huge.

4. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Oh they still are, with only 131 for 2007 and 135 in 2006 for the US. Still a nice car though!

5. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Wow - only ~300 in the US? I've seen sixteen already - that's five percent!

6. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    Belleview and I-25, heavy rain, looked like Jay Cutler driving but not sure... It was silver, taking it easy on the wet roads.. Driver looked like he had a death grip on the wheel..

Then I saw a ton of Ferrari's/Maserati's/Bentleys.... Well..., I was picking up my truck after driving home my Maserati from FoD so I got to see that beautiful red Maserati GT sitting in the front window with the sold sign... I want that car!!!

7. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Black Bentley Arnage around 2:30pm at Cherry Creek Mall valet today.

8. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Hardly worth mentioning, but at around 7:30pm last night there was a white Mk1 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur (the long-wheelbase version of the Mk1 Silver Spirit) braving the cold on 3rd and Milwaukee.

9. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well they have been making the 57 and 62 since 2002, so there is some more out there. Saw a red Elise and a sliver 996 turbo in Fort Collins today.

10. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Maybe in Europe... but wasn't 2004 their first US model year?

11. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sorry, I had my information wrong. In 2002 the Maybach premiered and 2003 is when the first US Maybachs appeared.

12. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Very nice silver Aston-Martin DB9 on Detroit between 3rd and 4th around 2pm today.

13. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Beautiful...oughta wipe off the 10,000 dead bugs on the front! :D

14. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Yeah - here's a front shot from a couple of blocks before the prior photo. Pretty bad!

Interesting backstory on that car... I first saw it on May 28, 2005; it was the very first DB9 I ever saw. Three years later it's still around - and the owner daily drives it (except for when it snows; then he drives his Range Rover). I see it constantly.

15. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    First Ferrari of my summer: a red F430 Spider at Elway's tonight around 7pm.

16. MercedesSL600Man

May 20, 2005
    Broomfield, CO
    Full Name:
    BC
    Yellow Gallardo Spider tonight at Sheridan and 104th. He was showing off for everyone reving his engine, then it started raining and they had the top down. I saw it coming from a half mile down the road, it was a cool looking car!

17. atlSPOTTER

atlSPOTTER Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    Doug, if you haven't already, DON'T check the Atlanta Spotter's Thread, you will only miss this city so much more. :) :)

18. bottomline

bottomline Formula 3

Mar 10, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bijan
    I've seen two dark gray R8s downtown. Once on 18th and Blake, and then ANOTHER the day after right off of 16th and Wazee. I say there were two because I saw two different drivers (and who would let anyone use their R8?? :D)

19. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    Lime green Elise on Friday in SoCO Springs

20. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    You guys could be spotting Veyrons in Atlanta... I'd still be glad to be in Colorado. :D

21. atlSPOTTER

atlSPOTTER Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    I know, Colorado's much more scenic and peaceful than down here. But you would have loved to see some of the cars that were out yesterday. There's a blue Murcielago running around with blue rims, and a yellow one with black rims. I can't wait until you get back down here so we can see your great photos, but meanwhile Horse-Power has had his camera in hands and has had so many great spots.

22. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    is around the Northglenn Shopping Center all the time during the summer. He loves to show off, but leaves when other nice cars show up (Owner of Mickey D's there has a new 599)

23. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Last weekend at Heartland Park in Topeka there was a green DB9 from Colorado.
    Plus you guys will love to find out that in a couple weeks I'll be out working again in Empire for the summer!!

24. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    Burg. Elise in SoCO Springs today.

25. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Hard to believe it was a Monday tonight... silver Aston-Martin V8 Vantage turning onto Clayton from 1st Avenue, a dark gray Aston-Martin DB7 Vantage Volante on Nevada plates on 3rd Avenue between Fillmore and Detroit, and that black Maybach 57S that's been around lately, this time parked in front of the Marriott in Cherry Creek. All between 7:30pm and sunset.