Manchester United off to MOSCOW ! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Manchester United off to MOSCOW !

Discussion in 'Sports' started by RufMD, Apr 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Totally different Lifestyle and a totally different challenge. Two big reason why a player would want to leave after numerous years in one country.

2. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005

What? Cantona retired in 1997 and Ronaldo join Utd in 2003 ????

3. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    9 Figures??? You feeling ok?

4. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Well, apart from being the most Succesful Club Side in the world, yeah apart from that they achieve nothing. Real didn't ruin Beckham's career. He was at the end of his career and they bought him for his value off the pitch. Which was a success.

Real Madrid have produced and groomed some of the best players the world has ever seen, on a consistant basis.

Jeez, you American Utd fans or more one eyed than the English ones.

5. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Obviously have never heard of the likes of Emilio Butragueño, Manolo Sanchís, Martín Vazquéz, Míchel, Miguel Pardeza, Raúl, Guti and Iker Casillas to name a few for Real
    and Barca B have produced Francisco José Carrasco, Ramón María Calderé, Guillermo Amor, Albert Ferrer, Josep Guardiola, Sergi, Xavi, Cesc Fabregas, Carles Puyol, Víctor Valdés, Andrés Iniesta, Bojan Krkic, Lionel Messi and Giovani dos Santos.

6. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    It's going to take quite a bid to draw Cristiano away from England. To say its anything less than 75 or 100 million is an insult to Ronaldo and Manchester United.

7. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    They have had some of the best players in the world. They haven't groomed them though, they leave that up to other teams.

8. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    oops, my bad...I was off by a few years :(

anyway he plays like Cantona has influenced him!!!

9. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    the last person who had that role was the great Zidane. Ronaldo hasn't reached that stage yet, however, he has so many wonderful people who can turn him into at Man Utd, not Real Madrid.

Michael Owen, David Beckham, Samuel E'to, are examples who had a difficult time at Real.

10. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    your missing the point here. Beckham was on the form of he's life when he left MU to join Real. it was he's wife decision by the way, just like it was her decision for him to join LA Galaxy. sure, Real have groomed the best players, like Raul & Zidane. but thats all in the past. the problems with Real is, just like Barca is currently facing is management problems within the club itself. look at the past 5 seasons. how many coaches they had an they sacked?

MU OTOH, groomed players like Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Schemeichel, Cantona, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Nani, Anderson..the list just goes on man.

another club that has a good reputation of bringing up star players is Arsenal.

and no, i'm not an American. i'm Malaysian ;)

11. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Ok,

No.1 It was not Beckhams Wife wo made his decision. It was a falling out with Alex Ferguson and a deal put in place by a company called SFX. It was David's decision 100%. How do i know, i worked as a consultant for SFX at the time.
    No2 Beckham was not in the form of his life, ium not sure how you could possibly say that. 1998-99 is probably Beckhams best season and his prime was 1998 -2002
    No3 Your right the problem with Real is the non football people who control the club and mis-manage it
    No4 - United DID NOT Groom, Cantona, Rooney, Tevez, Nani, Ronaldo or Anderson. They were all stand out players at the club they played for before joining Utd. Man Utd may have accelerated their progress, butthey were not groomed by Utd. Groomed for me is picking a very young lad and brining him though the Acadmey. Like Scholes, Beckham, Neville etc.

12. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005

Forlan, Veron, Kleberson, are examples of players who have struggled at Utd, despite being very good elsewhere. Forlan since he left Man Utd has developed into one of Europes top strikers.

Sometimes players don't fit into a club, adapt to the lifestyle and more importantly the style of the football. Nothing to do with how good a club is at coaching etc.

13. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    well, i gotta agree about Beck's decision part. i read somewhere, saying that Fergie had problems with Victoria's posh lifestyle, and it seems Fergie lost it when Becks skipped training to have lunch with her in France. so, out he went. then, it seems she wanted to get back her singing career back on path, hence the move to America, and not to anywhere else ( i think Newcastle bidded for him at that time ).

IMO, yes, United did groom Nani, Tevez, etc. anybody can spot a good player, but to turn that player into a lethal weapon and developing leadership skills, etc, MU's the best for that. sure, Ronaldo's first club alongside Nani was Sporting Lisbon. but were they known at that time? Ronaldo himself was quoted saying when he received the PFA award i think, that Man Utd helped to develop he's career, and made him what he is today. he has a good rapport with Alex Fergie's assistant, and also Ole Gunnar Solksjaer has been training and helping him develop those killer instincts Ole once had.

14. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i agree with you on this. not to mention Eric Djemba-Djemba.

EPL on the hold is a much more faster league, more aggresive more of 1 touch football, compared to Spain and Italian leagues. hell, Forlan became La Liga's top scorer the season he left United for Villareal.

15. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Tevez has been at Utd for 1 season - how could they have groomed him ? He was groomed at All Boys and Boca Juniors. He left and went to Corinthians and then onto West Ham. How you can say Utd Groomed him i find truly amazing.
    Nani too, he played 2 full seasons for Sporting. It was they and Real de Massamá who groomed him.He signed for Utd in 07 and has played 26 games. So again, how can you say they groomed him is again, amazing.

Grooming and Development are two very different things. The latter can be done at any stage of their career, the former cannot. The former is done the the club that brings a player through the youth system and succesfull introduces them to the first team. Not the club who then buys the player once in the first tam

16. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    I'm going :)

leave at 2am on wednesday, come back 5am thursday...think I'll need some red bull to prevent me falling asleep during the match.

17. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    I have a hunch Chelsea are going to win it !

I also saw Steve Mcmahon interviewed on the Moscow pitch and he said its one of the worst pitch's he's ever seen. He put his foot on a bit of grass and pushed it and a huge amount of the grass moved.

Gonna be a shocker

18. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    tbh it would be an injustice to football if we allow chelsea to win it

1-0 tevez

19. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    I just don't want Drogba to win anything. Doesn't deserve it. His cheating is ridiculous, especially vs Liverpool at Anfield.

20. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Forget Drogba. I dont want Ashley Cole to win anything. I'm an Arsenal fan so that should explain everything.

21. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    he is a quality player, we couldn't cope with him in the league game at stamford bridge, though vidic was off by that stage.

a fully fit squad of 26 is on the plane, even saha!

22. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    +1, he is a disgrace to the game of football/soccer. In the dictionary next to word "diver" is a picture of Didier.

23. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Is this the same field/pitch where England played Russia in the Euro 2008 Qualifiers?

24. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    it's been relaid, so it's grass rather than astroturf

the astroturf was supposedly good to play on, but this new pitch is not very good

25. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7408082.stm

No doubt that Drogba when he is motivated and things go his way is possibly the hardest striker to mark in world football. Very powerful. However when a few things dont go his way, his head goes down, he sulks and resorts to diving to get his team free kicks than working for them.