Ralph Lauren in Something Exotic... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ralph Lauren in Something Exotic...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by MRONY, May 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    There is a titanium one here somewhere off of Sand Hill Road that I've seen several times in the past year.

2. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    IIRC I remember reading a story somewhere about a guywho did just that to Ralph while he was in his Veyron, and I guess he was really friendlyand kind when he met him....

Edit I knew I remembered the post! thanks ddemuro! :D

3. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Smart. Stupid to drive fast on the road. If he was driving a CGT it is equally boring at 50mph as 150mph. It isn't fun until it is howling and sliding and that is irresponsible on the road. That is what tracks are for

4. MRONY

MRONY Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mike O.
    There's boring and boring. Why take the car out at all?

I've met him around once or twice at charity functions... always been extremely nice. Hey -- he's an absolute retail genius, an icon, and unlike a lot of people in the public eye understands that "regular" people are his CUSTOMERS!!

Do "regular" people drive these cars???

5. itsarevolution

itsarevolution Karting

Jan 16, 2004
    Westchester / NY
    Full Name:
    Cem O.
  6. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Saw Ralph Lauren’s Porsche 959 at a small gas station in Rowley, MA some years ago. Local repair plates on the car. Mr. Lauren’s collection is, or was, maintained by Paul Russell in Essex, MA. Amazing shop to visit and tour!

7. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    AFAIK, Ralph Lauren owns both a Carrera GT and a 959. I have seen his silver 959 parked on Greenwich Avenue (Greenwich, CT) a few times.

8. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Glad to see he takes his cars out and enjoys them. And at least we don't have to worry that he will end up in a high speed crash because he can't safely drive his cars to their limits.