Hello from Georgia! | FerrariChat

Hello from Georgia!

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by 348_Spiderman, May 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Guys, you have no idea how good the roads are down here. I can't wait until the Ferrari makes it down here. The place I'm staying is right near Lake Lanier, and the road is fantastic! The roads? Smooth, Hilly, and Winding. Holy Cow. I think the FOC-MI should arrange some sort of group buy on transport down here for a drive. My goodness!

I hope all is well up there.

Good times. Good times!

Mike

2. Burrino-72

Burrino-72 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Full Name:
    Igor
    Do you need to start bragging already????

Is this an open invite to your house?

I'm glad to hear all is well and I'm sure your neighbors will be happy that someone with a Ferrari moved in.

Kind regards,

Igor

3. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    Mike,
    You moved?

4. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    your so luckey ...you'll get to drive your car year-round..........good luck Mike and I hope you can make it to some of our events this year.........MO

5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
  6. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LOL!

You know you are always welcome! The Ferrari hasn't made the move just yet. Hopefully SOON!

7. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, I just started a new job with my company. I started my first day here in Alpharetta, GA yesterday.

8. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I plan to be back as often as possible until my house there sells.

9. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
  10. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Hey Mike sounds like fun.
    I thought the ferrari wasn't going to make it down with you.

11. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It wasn't supposed to. The wife has had a change of heart, well, that is at least for the time being. Who knows when she'll change her mind again. So for now, she's parked in my garage up there, and we'll ship her down here after our house sells.

M

12. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Mikey, Mikey, Mikey...who is the main bread winner there buddy??? If you want to keep the Ferrari, then by god, KEEP the Ferrari!!

13. Moondog

Moondog Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    North Carolina
    "letting you keep your Ferrari" = Behold the power of the "P"!!! LOL (same in my house BTW!)

Mike, I just spoke with Rich Wallace yesterday and he told me you were moving down there! Congrats!

I gotcha beat by 6 months! We skipped out on Ol' Man Winter and moved to Charlotte (Lake Norman - 15 Min N. of Charlotte) in October.

We love the area, but miss the hell out of all our friends back home... But, we think we made a great move too.

Atlanta is only 4 hrs or so from here!! ROADTRIP!!!!

14. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LOL, well, considering the fact that she quit her job, that leaves me as the sole winner of bread...the lone baker, the guy who is the bringer of bread.

I'm working on it

:)

15. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, I was very surprised when I found out about your move. The ball was rolling for the transfer during the dead of winter up north but it took a while for transition plans to be approved and such. Yes, that darned "P". I tried witholding the other "P" from her, it did not have the same results. DAMN! LOL

16. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    LOL !!! (...the power of "P" - definately a one-way street)

You guys crack me up!

Mike...I'm glad everything is working out for you down there. I wish I could relocate down that way. These are very tough times we live in and things are probably going to get worse before they get better. I've had some phone interviews for a couple of companies down in Charlotte that were promising...but alas it was not to be. It seems like employers want to try and hire a younger person with a PHD for $40k a year, rather than an older, experienced, well-rounded person with a good work ethic, and only a "normal" degree. Employers are in the driver's seat right now...just like the oil companies....we are a captive audience.

Sorry to get off topic there....

I'm very happy for you and hope that things continue to get better and better. You are a very-much-appreciated member of our group and it was always a pleasure to meet you during our events. You are missed, that's for sure. Take Care and stay in touch.

17. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank you Jeff.

Good luck with your search. I'm sure something will pan out for you soon.

Mike

18. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    those roads are the results of chain gangs. hear any banjo music behind you? are you learing to eat grits? see robert mitchum hauling white lighting? have you seen cool had luke, bla bla---=--

19. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    As a matter of fact, I did hear some banjo music on my tour around Lake Lanier, I think I may have also seen Bo and Luke Duke, and it is my understanding that the term GRITS refers to Girls Raised In The South, so I'm not eating much of those. :)