Ferrari's might be a little more rare around these parts..... | FerrariChat

Ferrari's might be a little more rare around these parts.....

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Shumdit, May 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.
    Just closing the purchase of my first Ferrari, I went to our local county website to see what I might expect in terms of property tax. Since all Ferrari VIN's (at least on "modern" Ferrari's) start with ZFF, I did a general search. Oddly, here is all of the Ferraris currently registered in our county (and we are a decent-sized borough):
    (1) 1982
    (1) 1984
    (1) 1985
    (1) 1988
    (1) 1994
    (1) 1995
    (1) 2004
    (1) 2005
    (2) 2006
    (2) 2007

A total of 12 cars!
    Looking back at the last 10 years there have been a few others that came and went, but only a few, and it's apparent that until 3 or so years ago, there were less than 10 registered Ferraris in the county. In the late 90's it was only about 5 cars total. Now I am bringing the total up to 13, and it looks like mine will be the only 360 spider (the 2004 above is a coupe). Considering there are probably that many in the parking lot at any Lakers home game, that's pretty rare. I did not check Lambo's, but I bet that they would be even more rare here. I checked NSX's and there are 13 of those here in the county also, which is a lot considering it was such a low volume car and built only from 1991-2005, but offset somewhat by the fact that they are far cheaper to purchase and maintain.

2. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    One person in Anderson had 7 in his garage...and I think there are more, just not registered in your county or SC. Folks that have property or companies elsewhere often register those cars where the cost is the lowests.

I hope you are joining us in Asheville, and if your car is not here at that time, come jump in anyway. www.ferraricup.net. We are driving, but need more golfers as well.

3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Oppss...I should have read better, congradulations on the 360 Spyder. Coach has one in Anderson, and Jame the 430 Spyder in Greenville.

4. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.
    I doubt the car will make it (it's likely going to arrive about that date, but you know how these delays can occur). I would possibly join you for golf, but only if you have a ladies team I can play with. I would like to say it's because I want to hang out and flirt with them, but it's really because I play so seldom I think I would need to shorten the course as much as possible to prevent overtime being paid out to the groundskeeping crew fixing all my turf damage!

5. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.
    I hope Coach is "CLEMSON" related. My blood runneth Orange (even though my parents both graduated USC and it seems everyone I know well is a Gamecock fan!)

6. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    That's an interesting count on the local Ferraris. Sounds about right though. As far as Lamborghini's, I know there are atleast 5 different Gallardo's running around, and a Murcielago or two. So maybe more than you think haha. I tend to see more Lambo's than Ferraris here anyways and anytime I see a Ferrari it's always the same F430's. You are right though, you will probably be the only one with a 360 in the Upstate. I've heard of one other one, perhaps the coupe you are referring to, a black one with supposedly black wheels. I'd love to check that out but have yet to see it. Congrats on the purchase though! You should enjoy it and the roads around here that we have so close to us, I know I do.

7. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    pm sent!

8. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.
    I have seen a few G's (one owned by a non-hetero gentleman). No Muci's though, I must be at the wrong place at the wrong time for those! As for Ferraris, I too only see te same 2 F430 Spiders (both Red, what a coincidence!;) )

9. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    lol, i seen the guy you talking about. he also owns or used to own a new body NSX, white one. pretty car tho.

10. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.
    Yes, that's the guy. I have a white NSX also, so I am hoping he has sold his. Someone told me they saw the same personalized plate on a late model Yellow NSX, so maybe he sold it or painted it (I hope not the latter!)

11. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Speaking of the Gamecocks, ESPN reported they are expecting a 7-6 Record season this year , 7 Arrests - 6 convictions for the 08 Season. No hard feelings though for Gamecock Fans. My brother sent me that joke which he's from Lexington SC. He's a big Clemson fan and im partly one since my buddy plays for them this year (Cornerback Position) so I will be down their for a few games.

12. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.
    I got a list of those jokes from a friend of mine (who is a Carolina fan!). There were some good ones.
    Here's my favorite joke that is neither Carolina or Clemson offensive:

Two boys are playing football at this park in a small town in South
    Carolina when one of the boys is suddenly attacked by a crazed
    Rottweiler.

Thinking quickly, the other boy takes a stick and shoves it under
    the dog's collar, twists it, and breaks the dog's neck, thus saving
    his friend.

A sports reporter who was strolling by sees the incident and
    rushes over to interview the boy. He tells the boy he's going to write
    the story and says,
    "I'll title it 'Young Tiger Fan Saves Friend FromVicious Animal.'"

"But I'm not a Tiger fan", the little hero replies.

"Sorry, since we're in South Carolina , I just assumed you were",
    says the reporter and he starts writing again. He asks, "How does
    'Gamecock Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack' sound?"

"I'm not a Gamecock fan either", the boy says. "Oh, I thought
    everyone in South Carolina was either for the Tigers or the Gamecocks.

"What team do you root for?", the reporter asks.

"I'm just visiting my cousin, I'm a Georgia Bulldog fan", the boy
    replies,"they're just the best!"

The reporter smiles, starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes:

"Little Redneck Bastard From Georgia Kills Beloved Family Pet".

13. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    CONFRATS on your first Ferrari purchase!! I am a Ferrari owner from Greenville and agree with Fantango. Many owners, myself included, have these vehicles hidden under a company name. Depending on the type of company, they may or may not make the "list". Greenville is not a huge Ferrari town, but quite a few are tucked away and seldom seen. I drive my car often, but it is rarely spotted by F-chatters. I guess it all depends on where you go. I will send you a PM with my contact info. When you get ready to hit the mountain twisties let me know!!!

-Jay/348 Spider

14. worth it

worth it Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2002
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    David C.

There is no way you can have more "orange" blood then Coach I - he can post his personal achievements if he chooses. I think it is fair to say he has done alot for Clemson and they have recognized him for his accomplishments.

15. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    wait a second, i think i've met and talked to you for a while before. you got the gold TE37's on it right?

if so, a few of us talked at discount tire one night late and then again while everybody was camping out for the ps3's that rainy night at best buy. i drive the black on black S2000.

16. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.
    Yeah, that's me!

17. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    haha nice. did you ever supercharge the NSX? funny thing, i was headed down to wild wings earlier tonight and i turned onto main st but about 20 ft furthur down i saw the yellow NSX parked! i chuckled to myself thinking about this thread lol.

18. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.
    No, My slackass has the kit ready to install, but I have been working so much and I have not gotten it done. I think I will just have to hire it out to have it done since my schedule barely gives me time to drive the cars much less work on them like I used to be able to do.

I wonder if that was the same NSX. They are pretty rare around here, much like F-cars. I got the NSX prepped for the season and just took it out this weekend. I still love the car. I will have to see if the Ferrari does it for me like this car.

19. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    it's a whole different car, but it will be a thrill i'm sure. don't know if you know him but i met a guy named peter a few weeks ago. was at the spinx on woodruff pumpin gas and he came up to me and starts talkin to me "hey man nice car, you guys go drivin to any nice roads around here? I got a red NSX with a few things done to it" long story short, gave me his number and said let's go driving! saw him a couple weeks later at sonic and he left and went and got his NSX so we could check it out. VERY nice guy, and super nice car.

that yellow one had to be that guy though, it had a custom license plate on it, i was too far away to see what it read, but i'm sure it was him. i've also seen the guy in a silver 997 turbo on a couple occasions.

20. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.

I don't think I know that NSX. I will have to stop by the Sonic when I get the car. Don't you guys hang out there on a certain night of the week?

21. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    yeah, usually on sundays and wednesday nights. i don't know if i'd want to bring my ferrari out to some of that crowd though lol. some of us other people that don't want to hang out with that crowd meet up on other nights there as well. it's really just kinda random. if you decide to come out, shoot me a PM and I'll make sure I'm there at a certain time so we can chat again.

22. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.

Yeah, I will do that, I think it would be better if you knew I was coming! What is "that crowd" exactly? As a relative old fart compared to you guys, I am not sure if I should expect carjackers wearing gang colors, a group of kids reenacting High School Musical 2 in the parking lot, or something in between :) ;)

23. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    nah more just the people with the nicer cars that actually hang out together as opposed to the dumb high school kids that come out with their "cars" just wanting a place to hang out and wind up getting us all kicked out of somewhere. lol.

24. Shumdit

Shumdit Formula Junior

May 9, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Matthew B.

Got ya. I will shoot you a PM if and when the car gets here.