PALMETTO CLASSIC & EXOTIC CAR SHOW JUNE 14TH | FerrariChat

PALMETTO CLASSIC & EXOTIC CAR SHOW JUNE 14TH

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Dincenzo, Apr 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #1 Dincenzo, Apr 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Show: 2008 PALMETTO CLASSIC & EXOTIC CAR SHOW
    When: June 14th 10:00am to 3:00pm
    Where: South Carolina State Museum Columbia, SC
    Benefit: National Kidney Foundation
    Entry: $40 Donation to the Foundation

Guys, I really need your help and participation with this one. We need as many cars as possible to gather for a great cause.
    Some of you may remember the event that we did there two years ago. We had more than forty cars. Let's see if we can
    match or surpass that number.

As some of you know, this cause is very important to me. It still hasn't been a year since I personally was hooked up to a
    dialysis machine. And I was very fortunate to recover without the need of a transplant. Others are not as fortunate, and
    some may never recover.

Some of you have already given a verbal commitment of participation and contributions. I hope that everyone else will
    consider helping out with this worthy cause.

I will post further details here as they become available. If you would like to register your car, please go to the website:
    www.palmettoclassicandexotic.com or contact me: Adrian Madison at [email protected] or 803-319-5314.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. The Zapper

The Zapper Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Munich
    That's good news! I had a blast last time. I reposted this over on LP.

3. tfling

tfling Karting

Oct 24, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Tony Fling
    This should be a pretty good event, I encourage everyone to come out and support this cause.

4. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    we had a great time last time! good cause.

5. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
  6. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    I need to get a head count for the caterers, let me know if you think you will be there. I also need to
    know what you're drivin'. I'm trying to work out the classes for the awards. Thanks.

7. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    I have off that weekend (I believe anyways) so I will try to go. I know theres a lime green Gallardo thats located up around Lake Murray somewhere, I don't think I've seen him post on here. Do any of you guys know him? If you do, might be good to see if he would be interested in signing up for the show.

8. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #8 Dincenzo, May 23, 2008
    Let me know if you see him. Danny B. will be bringing out his new Yellow LP640 among some other toys and Roland may bring the F40. He's scheduled
    to be back on the 12th. It really looks naked without all the sponsor decals.

9. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Anybody try to register at 12:23 a.m.? I got the registration, but no fields were filled in. If so, try
    again or email me name, year, make, and model at [email protected].

10. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #10 Dincenzo, Jun 5, 2008
  11. tfling

tfling Karting

Oct 24, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Tony Fling
    Be sure to check us out Tuesday morning at 5am on live with Lucas on WIS TV. I hope to see everyone at the show on Saturday, it is going to be a good event and will be nice to chat with everyone. Best wishes to everyone that won't be able to attend.

12. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Hey Tony, don't set your alarm just yet. We will still get coverage from WISTV, but it will be on Thursday at noon instead. "The talk of the town" airs at about
    12:25 p.m.

Oh yeah, BIG thanks to Ronnie Rumple from FCI. Ronnie was willing to drive the trailer down from Greensboro (not Charlotte), just so we could have an f-car
    for the cameras. Also to Bill McDaniels. Bill was offering his showroom to the tv show, and will also have a few new p-cars at the show on Saturday.

13. catgolfs

catgolfs Karting

Dec 1, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Catherine
    If you were to enter your car, could you leave at any time? I don't think I can stay for the 5 hours listed.

14. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Shouldn't be a problem.

15. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #15 Dincenzo, Jun 9, 2008
    Car owners and enthusiasts,

The time is almost here for the Palmetto Classic & Exotic Car Show at the S.C. State Museum.
    The show starts at 10:00 a.m. and we will start placing cars between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m.

16. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #16 Dincenzo, Jun 9, 2008
    A few have asked about bringing their families. Please keep in mind that the museum will be
    open as well as the Edventure Children's Museum, which is located in the same parking lot.
    Columbia's Vista is only blocks away, filled with restaurants, art galleries, Starbuck's, and a
    host of specialty shops.

17. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    A light lunch will be provided along with plenty to drink, and for those that may want a little more
    before heading back home, we wll be heading over to New Orleans Riverfront Restaurant. It is
    only about a mile from the museum, and has a wonderful view of the Congaree River.

Many of you have already registered for the event. Those that have not, but plan to attend, I
    ask that you please send me an email as soon as possible, listing your name, year, make and
    model of your car(s).

The National Kidney Foundation of S.C. is very excited about this event and it's potential. They
    have expressed interest in making this an annual event, possibly with a trackday, if enough are
    interested.

I just want to thank all of you for participating, and those that sent in donations to the
    Foundation. I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

Adrian Madison
    Event Coordinator
    803-319-5314

National Kidney Foundation of South Carolina
    http://www.kidney.org/site/index.cfm?ch=209

18. tfling

tfling Karting

Oct 24, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Tony Fling
    #18 tfling, Jun 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
    This should be a wonderful show, and even though it is not an FCA sponsored event it will be a good chance for the Ferrari Club members to catch up. Also, it would be a great time for people that haven't joined the Ferrari Club, to ask its members what the club is all about! Hope to see everyone there!

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'm interested, but I need to convince myself that it's worth a 500-mile round trip, especially at today's gasoline prices! I could do double-duty, because a friend of mine is competing that evening in a bodybuilding contest (!) at the nearby Koger Center.

And since there's currently a 40% chance of boomers, is there any place under cover nearby that cars could go to in the event of really nasty weather?

20. tfling

tfling Karting

Oct 24, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Tony Fling
    Jim,there are 2 parking garages attached to the Museum that we can use in the event of a storm. Hope to see you there!

21. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Any questions before, during, or after the show, you can reach me (Adrian) at 803-319-5314 or Tony at 803-260-3988.

See ya' in the morning!

22. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Hey guys, thanks to all that attended the event yesterday. I think that we all made some new friends. Catherine, thanks for bringing the Mondial
    out to play with us, now it's time to get it on the track! Mark, it was great to have that beautiful 348 Challenge Car there next to Fulvio's 348 Speciale.
    At one time, I thought we were having a Lotus Elise meet. And who saw CC Canada's Shelby 350 GT racing around the parking lot when it was unloaded
    from the trailer?

Okay, I will stop here. I cannot mention everyone, so I won't try. I thank each and every one of you for coming out for such a wonderful cause. Many
    of you were able to meet the ladies from the National Kidney Foundation, Leeanne Thompson, Beth Irick, and Blakely Halmann. They were quite excited
    about the cars and the participation of the people. Tony, you know what you and your family did. Buddy and Marcie, I know your schedule was busy,
    but you were there. And Bruce, what can I say? You drove all the way from Atlanta, just to show your support. Thanks to all of you great, wonderful
    people. It was your participation that made the day!

23. The Zapper

The Zapper Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Munich
    Come on, where are the pics?

24. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    I was too busy during the event, but Bruce has a few that he will post after resizing them.