Unmotivated Cousin/Summer Trip Help!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Unmotivated Cousin/Summer Trip Help!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Seth, May 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    That's awful in itself. I can only wish the best for people such as him.

2. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    If your cousin doesn't show any interest in anything then don't include him in anything. Seriously, he will just have to learn by himself. If you include him I feel that you will regret it as he will be nothing but a burden. There are plenty of people that would love to be in a position to travel across the US so if he doesn't appreciate the chance...

3. SilverOne

SilverOne Karting

Dec 10, 2002
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    #28 SilverOne, May 24, 2008
    Last edited: May 24, 2008
    I don't mean any disrespect, but your counsin sounds like he needs more than just motivation, but a swift kick in the ass, along with a good dose of reality check. I don't see why he *deserves* a free trip anywhere. I like the idea of charity work to see how lucky he is. Or, if he's dreamer, encourage him to go on job interviews. He will get a better clue after a few rejections on what skills/knowledge each job requires. I wouldn't go on any trip with him, I think it'd just be a waste of your time and money.

4. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #29 RossoCorsaItaly, May 24, 2008
    Last edited: May 24, 2008
    Let your cousin be who he wants to be and stop trying to turn him into what society believes to be an ideal citizen living the ideal lifestyle.

It's his trip, do what he wants to do.

If you took me hiking on my trip I'd kick your ass.

5. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I looked into it for myself (and my brother who is hopeless like this fellow I don't even know if he'd try at gaming which is the one thing he has interest in!) anyway usually it doesnt work out going to those schools better off learning and breaking in on your own. Why the hell you wouldn't want to go road tripping I don't understand but like I said my kid bro is like that all he does is game. I do to but when it comes time for a nice road trip I'm going. Just finished one in fact which was a blast!