Romanian big issue sellers. | FerrariChat

Romanian big issue sellers.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Fan512bbi, May 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    #1 Fan512bbi, May 24, 2008
    Last edited: May 24, 2008
    In my town there as always been five big issue sellers, all have been homeless Welsh guys, in the last month or so i have noticed that four of them have gone and been replaced with Romanian women, is there nothing left in this country that the Romanians and Polish immigrants have not got their fingers into? :(

I myself have lost work to these people and i know i am not alone :( what next? Romanian road signs? wait this is already happening, teachers having to learn Romanian/Polish? wait that is already happening, maybe i should go to Romania or Poland and get some work because there cant be many people left in those countries because they are all in this bloody country:( :(

2. MondialNeil

MondialNeil Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2007
    Bucks,UK
    Full Name:
    Neil S Perry
    #2 MondialNeil, May 24, 2008
    Last edited: May 24, 2008
    One of the biggest contingents of Pilots in the Battle of Britain were___________________POLISH, without their help we would all be NAZI's now, part of a greater Germany a member of the 1000 year Reich, you may also not even be here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a lot other types who should not be here in this country, but the POLISH have paid their dues.

On 11 June 1940, the Polish Government in Exile signed an agreement with the British Government to form a Polish Air Force in the UK. The first two (of an eventual ten) Polish fighter squadrons went into action in August 1940: 302 and 303 Squadrons, with 89 Polish pilots. Another 50 Poles took part, in British squadrons. In all, 30 Polish airmen were killed during the battle.

Polish pilots were among the most experienced in the battle; most had pre-war flying experience and had fought in the Polish September Campaign and/or the Battle of France. No. 303 "Kosciuszko" Squadron, which was named after the Polish hero General Tadeusz Kosciuszko, claimed the highest number of kills (126) of all the squadrons engaged in the Battle of Britain[citation needed], even though it only joined the combat on August 30 (though the number of claims should be verified down, but claims of the British squadrons were verified down proportionally as well). The 147 Polish pilots claimed 201 aircraft shot down. Sgt Josef Frantisek — a Czechoslovakian in 303 Squadron — claimed 17 kills. S/L Witold Urbanowicz of 303 Sqn was the top Polish scorer with 15 claims. Tony Glowacki was the only Allied pilot in the battle to shoot down five German planes in one day, being August 24.

RAF pilots were often sent into the air for training with no ammunition, and told that if they were faced with a problematic situation they should return to the ground to have ammunition loaded. When Polish pilots found themselves in this situation, rather than obeying orders, many tried to ram the German planes, sacrificing themselves to destroy German bombers and illustrating the deep hatred of the Poles for the occupiers of their homeland.

The Polish War Memorial on the outskirts of RAF Northolt was dedicated in 1948 as a commemoration of the Polish contribution to Allied arms.

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well said neil to many lazy selfish moaners in this country with short memorys

4. celcius

celcius Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    uk
    Full Name:
    greg kelly
    here here well said

5. jarthur05

jarthur05 Karting

Mar 22, 2006
    Wiltshire, England
    Full Name:
    John A
    Well said that man. Let's not forget 'a bridge too far' either, the Poles jumped into Arnhem and fought alongside the Brits and the Yanks. And let's not forget that a lot of them seem to be returning home as well.

I see where you are coming from however; I live in a market town and in recent years we have seen increasing numbers of foreign big issue sellers. It certainly changes the character of the town for the worse. But it is unfair to brand entire nations in this way, as with the British, some people prefer to take from the economy and some to give. A lot of the workers in care homes around here are foreign nationals.

6. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Lucky we have people like you here Steve :) who never moan about anything :)

7. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    you seem to do it a lot now is it an old age thing ?? or is it work related as you have to work harder and cheaper since the imigrants came over here hahahahaha

8. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    You are close to the truth there mate.

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    didnt think you was that old but looks can deceive hahaha

10. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    LOL Prick.

11. wobbler

wobbler Karting

Mar 14, 2005
    Reading
    Full Name:
    Ian
    In my sons old catholic school, all the signs in the school had the polish spelling as well??? I have no problem with the polish or other immergrants but i would expect them to abide by our laws and attemp to learn english.

12. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    What? Like all the Brits living in Spain and Portugal? And the ex-pats in Hong Kong, Dubai and Saudi???

About the only country you can move to and MUST learn the language is France.........and we all know no one moves there!

13. Moca

Moca Formula 3

Feb 3, 2007
    Hungary, Szombathely
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thats sad. From Hungary, a lot of young peoples move to your country. I know what you think (theres the same in Hungary - gipsy immigrants).

14. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    #14 Pav, May 26, 2008
    Last edited: May 26, 2008
    Polish workers in the UK are often fair people, drinking too much on some occasions but very rewarding if teamed right. Few months abroad and they go back to poland. Half of the immigrants know at least basic (communication C level) english when they come to England, otherwise you wouldn't be able to buy flowers for your beloved one whilst coming back from work...

Romanians are another case... seems they don't know they're in european union... been 10 years they begging around. I highly suggest you all watch a movie called "filantropica", it's 5 or 6 yrs old, it's about how it is in Bucarest. when you realize how it is there, you are not surprised anymore by what's goin on abroad...

15. wobbler

wobbler Karting

Mar 14, 2005
    Reading
    Full Name:
    Ian
    But would they resign everything in english if we sent out kids to their state schools, and why can they claim benefits for thier "second" wifes when it is illegal to have 2 wifes over here. They can even claim child benefit for children that dont even live here but live back home?? Sorry state were in me thinks.

16. MondialNeil

Apr 2, 2007
    Bucks,UK
    Full Name:
    Neil S Perry

But would they resign everything in english if we sent out kids to their state schools, and why can they claim benefits for thier "second" wifes when it is illegal to have 2 wifes over here. They can even claim child benefit for children that dont even live here but live back home?? Sorry state were in me thinks.

This is true but, it is our system that allows this, why is it not changed to stop this ? politicians are too scared in case they are targeted as a racist by some groups, a politician won't risk that and loose his 100k a year salary, so we then all sit around and moan about it, it has been going on years.

17. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Didnt a chap predict all this years ago (before my time)? He was of course branded a racist for it. Cant remember the name.

18. MondialNeil

Apr 2, 2007
    Bucks,UK
    Full Name:
    Neil S Perry
    Enoch Powell, is the name your looking for.

19. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Thats him.

20. Bhagwan Phagash

Bhagwan Phagash Karting

Jun 13, 2005
    Hampshire UK
    They're only here because either you charge too much or you're not up to the job - or both.
    I agree that immigrants are not good for the UK, but if plumbers and builders price themselves out of the market, what do you expect.

Hold on, what has this to do with Ferrari? Am I on the wrong forum?

21. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    In my town there as always been five big issue sellers, all have been homeless Aussie guys. In the last month or so i have noticed that four of them have gone and been replaced with English women. Is there nothing left in this country that the Pommie immigrants have not got their fingers into? :D

22. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    LOL up yours :D

23. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    same in spain turkey greece & portugal

24. Rene

Rene Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    René
    The Poles gave us Enigma at the beginning of the War. The Germans had adopted Enigma, a Polish invention, as their standard encyphering machine, believing its coding system to be unbreakable.

At great risk, the Poles managed to deliver us a machine, it was studied at Bletchley Park and the rest is history... It is generally agreed that our breaking of the code considerably shortened the war, thus saving millions of lives.

As for EU immigrants learning English, sooner or later they do because their main aim is to succeed in whichever country they choose to live. Which, as has been wittily pointed out, is often not the case with many ex-pat Brits living abroad.

Some time ago, the last post-grad department of Dutch was closed down at a university in this country. This may sound like a joke, especially given that the Dutch all speak good English; just as a bus driver, in any town in Holland, for directions and be surprised at their fluency.

The frame of mind behind the closure of a European language department at this level, in this country, at this time, is quite disturbing. We should be moving in the other direction. Most of the older generation and all younger Europeans speak English, but rarely stop there. No one in business in Europe speaks less than three languages. I have just set up a business in Paris and my two French partners are, respectively, tri- and quadri-lingual.

25. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    You're welcome :D